White Thanksgiving Cactus Actually Peach!

hermie3rd(5)December 21, 2013

Hi All - I purchased a TC today, which the tag indicated was white. However, the flowers are a really pretty peach color. I've been reading on here that cooler temps may change the color of the flowers. EIther way I'm good - I love the peach color, but like the white flowers as well. Just thought I would share. :)

Happy Holidays!!
Renee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Crenda SWFL 10A

Very pretty plant!

Ironically, I bought a peach pot that turned out to be one or two peach stems with the others white! Nice surprises, huh? (I don't think mine was due to temp. Just 2 different plants in the pot.)

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 4:41PM
hermie3rd(5)

Thanks, Crenda - at the garden center, there were a couple of white (actually white) that also had fuchsia flowers on them as well. I wonder if they were two different plants stuck in the same pot, or if temperatures were doing that as well. I don't know much about TC - just what I've mainly read on here and online elsewhere, but I know there are a couple of threads going on about cooler temps changing flower colors. I guess we'll see! :)

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 8:18PM
kathi_mdgd

Beautiful,i saw some in wally world that were supposed to be white,but you could already see the pink creeping in,so I passed.
Kathi

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 8:19PM
maark23 TX/8a

Great find! Looks great!!

Mark

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 12:40AM
hermie3rd(5)

Thanks so much, Kathi and Mark! :) Hoping it keeps its peach, but I like the white too. It's got a few small buds on it, and they look peach-ish as well, but I guess next year will be the true test.

Happy Holidays!
Renee

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 6:57AM
cahac(6)

cold temps will bring out pink in the white or yellow TC's. usually the reds & darker colors are alright.
Now, Hirts has been selling a pot of Peach & White mixed plants together for several years now so Renee that is what you probably have. a lot of growers have started selling combo's now also. and there has been some weird things going on this year also. maybe something they are putting in the soil mix
cliff

Bookmark   December 24, 2013 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
hen and chicks not faring well indoors--- suggestions?
Hi, Even as a child, I usually had hen and chicks outdoors...
iaskedforwater
Can you please name this succulent (Qatar)
This was growing along with cactus it has red ripe...
maufie123
What is this? It says "Mammillaria species"
I know, "Mammillaria species" narrows it...
plantomaniac08
Some cactus like water
Who says you can't water cactus every day? This cactus...
Nil13 usda:9a sunset:21 LA,CA (Mount Wash.)
Rosary plant or string of hearts help
Can I propagate from leaf? I also received a tubular....
chicagardens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™