Fast Privacy Screen suggestions
I'm looking to block about 120' of road. The requirements:
1) I'd like it to be an evergreen screen, and reach all the way to the ground.
2) I'd like it to grow as fast as possible.
3) I'd like it to be deer resistant. They are a big problem here.
4) I'm not too concerned with height. The taller the better, as far as I'm concerned. But I want them to reach 10-12 feet as quickly as possible.
5) I'd also like the screen to be as thick as possible.
I have narrowed it to a couple of choices based on my research.
Thuja Green Giant
Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions? Since I can't find either of these at any local nurseries, I'll be going on-line to order them.
Since I need to cover so much space, this will be rather expensive if I buy plants that are larger than 2 feet tall, so if there are any other lower cost alternatives, I'd love to hear them.
I've looked into Leyland Cypress and Emerald Green Arborvitae, however these seem to get eaten by the deer regularly. I want to have a nice evergreen screen that the deer will leave alone. The advantage is, I can find these locally, but I'd rather order from an on-line source if deer leave either thuja I've picked out alone.
Thanks for your time and suggestions!