Limelite or Limelight Dancer Schlumbergera

Cyirra(4)December 6, 2012

Hello,

I recently purchased Limelight Dancer but after it bloomed it made me think I had Limelite instead. I have searched the web for pictures and any descriptions on them to see if I can figure out which one I have. Unfortunately I am not on my home computer so can't include a picture but will try to get one loaded tonight. There isn't a bit of pink or magenta on the bloom at all - petal or throat, which makes me think it is Limelite and not Limelight Dancer. I have to take into consideration that it started to bud before I took possession of it so perhaps they didn't keep it in a cold enough environment to cause the flower to become pink? There is hardly any tube in between the 2 segments on the flower.

Any information anyone might have that could be of assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aseedisapromise

Is there really a zygo that is just called Limelight? I don't really find it when I search, just Limelight Dancer. Once I received a cutting marked "Limelight" as a trade, but never really did find any mention of one just called Limelight. The one I have is yellow with a bit of a pink tube, and my house is cool right now. It is a vary vigorous grower and bloomer. It won't pollinate a Thor Alice, or a NOID white that I have. Not sure what else to say about it. I'd be interested in photos, too. Here's my "Limelight"

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 12:43AM
More Discussions
Anyone growing semps and jovibarba?
I just ordered some jovis and semps. Can't wait until...
connieatchley
Gollum Surprise
Gollum leaf I came across tonight. Christopher
kaktuskris
What kind of Succulent is this?
I've been trying to figure this out for a while but...
yonatin
Jades Surviving, but not Thriving
Hello! New here, but I've been lurking for the last...
andelice
Aloe with brown spots
About two months ago, this aloe was in full southern...
nanzjade_z5 MA
Sponsored Products
Antique Bronze Paint Mica Dancer Table Lamp
$169.99 | Bellacor
Lucien Henri Weiluc 'Le Frou Frou' Canvas Art
Overstock.com
River City Clocks MD860-18 Moving Oompah Band and Waterwheel Musical Cottage Cuc
Hayneedle
Halva Floor Lamp by Eglo
$270.00 | Lumens
Limelight Planter
$19.99 | Dot & Bo
Lite Source Dancer Collection Blue Desk Lamp
Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™