Need help and advice for Palm tree

FayeLoAugust 10, 2013

Hi everybody! This is my first Palm tree that i had... i think its dying and i dont know what to do.... the leaves are changing colors, some are like bleached and some are turning brown..... i water them every saturday... as you can see in the picture, i water it in my bath tub to make sure that it will drain first before i put it back to its place in my living room.... i tried also to repot it and i also started to put fertilizer 3weeks ago... i bought this plant last May... im new with gardening, please help me.... thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ifraser25(z11 Brazil)

You don't say where you come from, which could be a big clue, because this plant looks as if it suffering from lack of light. Palms (and there are more than 100 different kinds so I'm not sure exactly what we are dealing with here) are, as I'm sure you know, mostly tropical plants. That means they need plenty of 1.light 2. warmth 3.water. Given your plant's debilitated condition I wouldn't start watering it frantically, however, just let it get going a bit first. Move it somewhere a bit more, well...tropical. Good luck. Ian.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 9:42PM
More Discussions
low plants that like sun, damp feet- that deer do not like
Hi folks, I am gardening near Chapel Hill, NC and have...
lauriec
black walnut support group
I am so jazzed. Many of the perenials I transplanted...
tootswisc
Plant wilting
I bought this potted plant a couple of weeks ago and...
hilste
Report: Black Walnut Rose Plantings
Some months ago there was interest in what roses might...
Hawkeye_Belle
VERY Wet Yard - Wanted, Water-Loving Plant Ideas
We purchased our 6 acre home in January of this year...
Zephyrhills
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™