Landscapes Using Pressed Flowers

atravers(zone 5)February 15, 2004

Hello.

I've seen some wonderful landscapes created from pressed flowers. I have been pressing flowers for years now and use them in cards. But I haven't got up the nerve to do a small landscape yet. Any tips on how to get started? Do a rough sketch? Any tips would really be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gypsy_NC(Zone 7b)

Hello to you...

Landscapes are easy to do - start small. Find a simple picture that you like on the internet or from clipart or a magazine. You also need to have pressed various leaves and grasses to use as stems, etc.

When I do "landscape", I don't try to place my flowers into a background, but rather work on a solid color paper (usually white). Put your stems at the bottom of your page, or you can put a horizon line in to keep them from floating in mid-air. Try to do just a row of flowers in different sizes. Work from your picture or just place your flowers on the page, moving them around until you get a pleasing composition before attaching them. I don't know how to post a picture here, but I will email you one that did that is very simple and gets tons of compliments. It really is easy - my daughters who are 8 & 5 love to do it with the flowers they press. Good luck!

Bookmark   April 20, 2004 at 12:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sonshinepat(6a)

We've had some landscaping projects in the World Wide Pressed Flower Guild. Check it out at www.wwpfg.org. This group will help with anything and everything re: pressed plants. There are members who have won national and international awards for their work and are so willing to share. There's a small annual membership fee, but worth every penny. Projects every month, and lots of sources and information. Members range from novice to expert and we all learn from each other.

Here is a link that might be useful: World Wide Pressed Flower Guild

Bookmark   May 20, 2004 at 4:10PM
More Discussions
Looking for a home for dried flowers
Hello, My mom's passion for the last 30 years was making...
Matt7
dyeing flowers
Does anyone have specific information on dyeing dried...
free_spirit
Dried Seed Pod ID
Hello! Does anyone recognize this dried pod? Many thanks!...
elenarain
Using flowers to die your hair?
Has anyone ever tried dyeing their hair with henna?...
RochelleLY
Need suggestions for very old pressed flowers
I have found two pressed flowers from the Arctic, one...
Ulohtsa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™