Pumpkin Peppers

sylky00(z6 KY)April 14, 2010

Last year, I lost almost my whole crop of pumpkin peppers because of something that caused oozing black spots on the peppers. The extension agent said it was a rot caused by overhead watering (which I never do) or seeds saved from the previous year, which I did do. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'd grown them for several years with no problems.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
neil_allen(z5/6 Chi IL)

No, but I think I've had every other problem -- flea beetles, mingy plants, low yields, early frosts. What spacing do you use for your plants, and what -- if any -- special care and feeding do they get?

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 7:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylky00(z6 KY)

I have to check my notes for the spacing, but I don't do anything special to them. The flea beetles are a given here with the peppers and chinese lanterns, but they don't seem to harm the plants too much. I don't get anything close to the 20-30 pepper per plant yield listed-it's more like 7-12, so I just plant more. I also lost some from an early frost-I harvested them, but they never dried and had to be thrown away. It's hard to find information on the pumpkin peppers, so it's going to be trial and error with them.

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 8:58AM
More Discussions
preserving large amaryllis flowers
How can I preserve large amaryllis flowers & stalks?...
amaryllisstudygroup
lambs ear
Can the flower part of a lambs ear be dried and used...
cinjo
Drying hydrangeas, clueless in pa
I am a total newbie to the garden forum but post quite...
Holly- Kay
Framing pressed flowers/leaves
Hello! I've spent the past year collecting leaf and...
peony4
dying white flowers to stay white
I'm new to flower pressing, but I'm so enthralled by...
heartsong2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™