Looking for a home for dried flowers

Matt7May 18, 2013

Hello,

My mom's passion for the last 30 years was making beautiful dried flower cards. She left behind stacks and stacks of dried and pressed flowers preserved in layers of newspapers and books. The flowers vary in colors and sizes, but are mostly small blooms.

I would like to find a home for these. I hate the idea of throwing away such a trove of beautiful pressed flowers. Does anyone have suggestions of how I could find someone who could use these? It would likely be someone local, (Arvada, Colorado) as the pressed flowers are in the layers of papers and books, and could fill quite a few cabinets. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you, Matt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shellbell11

Hi Matt,

I live in Oregon so I'm not sure you'd want to send here. But I teach pressed flower classes and always need flowers! I also work with dialysis patients and they love working with pressed flowers! Just let me know if you think it would be possible to send, I can pay for the postage.

If not, perhaps you have a local Arts Center? Or an after school program they could be donated to? Thanks! Shelly

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 3:00AM
Matt7

Shelly

I have checked with Denver Botanical Gardens, and searched on line for people who make dried flower cards, but no luck.

These are all small sized flowers, but I will be happy to send you some, if you can use them.

matt

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 9:01AM
shellbell11

Thanks Matt! That would be great! My address is PO Box 122, Alsea, OR 97324 :)

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 12:49PM
littlehelper(7b)

I work at Aldridge Gardens in Hoover Alabama. If you would be interested I would love to have some, if there are any left, to do crafts with the children that come in during the day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aldridge Gardens link

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 11:25PM
More Discussions
Drying hydrangeas, clueless in pa
I am a total newbie to the garden forum but post quite...
Holly- Kay
lambs ear
Can the flower part of a lambs ear be dried and used...
cinjo
preserved tulip in a bottle
Hello, I'm new here. I want to preserved my tulip and...
Whizker
Preserving Fluorescent Glowing flowers (pics!)
Hello all, I am new to the forum and excited to join...
Tennysos
Dried flowers
Hi. I'm a newb and recently bought this flower but...
dindin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™