Beginner - Flower Pressing

wildndnMay 7, 2008

I'm new to this site and have joined as a member so I can learn about how to start flower pressing. This is something I really want to try...I LOVE flowers and saw some picture frames and key chains in a magazine and want to find out more. Where do I begin? What are good flowers to start with? Where do I buy supplies like picture frames, etc. What is the best method of pressing? I read something about paper towels and an iron on one of the forums. Please...Help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elizabethsflowers(z5WI)

Hi!
I have a number of flower pressing tutorials on my blog that might help you, including what flowers tend to press well with the microwave flower press that I use, called the Microfleur. I tend to primarily use the Microfleur because it's fast, and it preserves the brilliant colors of the flowers better than traditional methods.
Also, there is a pressed flower group at yahoo you might consider joining - they have some good info in their archives for beginning flower pressers.
As far as frames, I started out by purchasing frames on Ebay, however now I purchase my frames from americanframe.com.

Hope this helps! Happy Pressing!

Elizabeth

Here is a link that might be useful: Elizabeth's Flowers Pressed Flower Tutorials

Bookmark   May 20, 2008 at 2:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leveta(6)

I went on line and bought a Microfleur microwave flower press. It's pretty easy. You just have to watch that you don't do it to long. About 15-20 seconds. I start out less and do more if needed....

Bookmark   September 4, 2008 at 8:38PM
More Discussions
preserved tulip in a bottle
Hello, I'm new here. I want to preserved my tulip and...
Whizker
Looking for a home for dried flowers
Hello, My mom's passion for the last 30 years was making...
Matt7
Is this mold?
I cut this flower in half before pressing with the...
DSalvation
preserving large amaryllis flowers
How can I preserve large amaryllis flowers & stalks?...
amaryllisstudygroup
Framing pressed flowers/leaves
Hello! I've spent the past year collecting leaf and...
peony4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™