Microwave Drying Devices - where to purchase?

joyforeverSeptember 27, 2006

My daughter, who does flower pressing, was given a device to facilitate drying flowers in the microwave. It sounds like it may be a "rollerwave." I did a search on this forum and found where someone had mentioned rollerwave and it seems to fit the bill.

The problem is that we are needing a replacement for the thick fabric piece that goes in it (due to an accident!) and I have no idea where to find this. My google searches for rollerwave only lead me to something to do with a computer.

Any help?

Thank you!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Do you think white all-cotton flannel would work? I'd stay away fom synthetics like Nylon or polyester which might melt. If not thick enough several layers could be used. josh

    Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 8:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It's called Microfleur. I think the thick pads are made from felt. You can get them off eBay.

    Bookmark   October 2, 2006 at 3:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylky00(z6 KY)

At www.leevalley.com, they have replacement pads for the
microwave drying presses. Even if you don't buy the pads, they have lots of nice garden items at reasonable prices. Hope this helps.

    Bookmark   October 4, 2006 at 11:49AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
White Spots and Lines on my Catharanthus Roseus Flowers
Hi I have transplanted many catharanthus roseus flowers...
Preserving Fluorescent Glowing flowers (pics!)
Hello all, I am new to the forum and excited to join...
lambs ear
Can the flower part of a lambs ear be dried and used...
Dried Lavender - Premium Grade vs French
I am looking for the most long lasting and fragrant...
Drying Hibiscus flowers
A friend gave us some hibiscus flower tea. The dried...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™