I stiuck my wedding bouquet in the freezer by mistake HELP!

lacacc(NY)September 25, 2003

I have no idea what possesed me to do such a thing. I must have been in a daze when I was running to catch my plane for the honeymoon and thought that freezing my bouquet would hold it off till I got back. Well I soon learned that was the worst thing I could have done. I realize that it is not likely I can save it but I have been experimanting with other flowers to try and figure out a way to save it but I have not been very successful. It is mostly white roses and was hoping to save it. I was thinking I would buy some silica gel and that if I slowly thawed it and maybe drying it in the silica gel would help. Also, I considered possibly thawing it and baking on very low or in the microwave to remove the moisture. I would appreciate any suggestions if anyone can help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
VKL5949(z5 IL)

Did you ever see frozen flowers out in the garden? Well you have got the same thing in your freezer! Not to be confused with freeze dried. Silica gel will remove moisture not replace cells and tissues. Best bet is try what you like but keep the Hefty bag close. Sorry--but at least it was AFTER the wedding! Good Luck! Tootles

Bookmark   September 26, 2003 at 2:18AM
More Discussions
Dried and pressed flowers
I recently bought a kit and started working with pressed...
georgeth
Dried Seed Pod ID
Hello! Does anyone recognize this dried pod? Many thanks!...
elenarain
dying white flowers to stay white
I'm new to flower pressing, but I'm so enthralled by...
HeartSong2
pink or blue antifreeze as glycerine alternative?
I read about this and wonder if anyone can compare...
erasmus_gw
Shipping eucalyptus leaves from CA to WA
Hello folks ~ Need some advice about the legality of...
sweetpea_path
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™