Flowers Preserved in Acrylic

Josh(z8a)October 10, 2006

Ran across this site and I'm intrigued by the possibilities...wish they offered a DIY kit. I remember for years seeing an ad (in the New Yorker, I think), featuring a paperweight with the dandelion seedhead, but not sure it's the same company.

Hoping one of us can furnish more info on this method...josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Flowers Forever

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Josh(z8a)

Another site with acrylic spray and also a liquid acrylic that looks like water when added to a vase. I wonder if you could use it to submerge a dried flower in using a shallow paper tray that could later be peeled off...any thoughts? josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Acrylic flower preservation products

Bookmark   October 11, 2006 at 1:45AM
wynative(z5 WY)

Josh,

Just happened to see this post - how cool! I would love to try the acrylic spray/liquid idea of yours. Have you yet? If so, please let me know how it turned out.

Marie

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 4:42PM
Josh(z8a)

Marie, No, haven't tried this. I think I decided that I really prefer the ephemeral nature of plants rather than encasing in acrylic. There are so many lovely flowers and seedheads that just make me catch my breath but it's partly because they so quickly fade ... pressing and drying prolong some but even they pale and grow brittle ...but I rather like the progression.

Would love just for curiosity to know if you decide to try the acrylic...I think part of me has a spark of interest still...LOL josh

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 6:48AM
jgoplin4_student_cvtc_edu

Is there a speciel resin i could use to harden dried flowers. something that dried fast so that you could form the flower with out the run off. a thick resin or acrilic..I NEED HELP

Bookmark   January 9, 2011 at 6:23PM
posieh(3)

I'm posting several times to attempt to attrack some interest to this site. Where is everyone? Or does everyone know all they want or need to know?

Bookmark   April 6, 2011 at 4:16PM
More Discussions
White Spots and Lines on my Catharanthus Roseus Flowers
Hi I have transplanted many catharanthus roseus flowers...
shaiqbashir
Dried and pressed flowers
I recently bought a kit and started working with pressed...
georgeth
Shipping eucalyptus leaves from CA to WA
Hello folks ~ Need some advice about the legality of...
sweetpea_path
Preserving Fluorescent Glowing flowers (pics!)
Hello all, I am new to the forum and excited to join...
Tennysos
Looking for a home for dried flowers
Hello, My mom's passion for the last 30 years was making...
Matt7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™