Sweet Annie

JoParrott(Central Florida)October 5, 2003

I used to live in Louisiana and had lots of Sweet Annie- Since moving to FL, I can't find any plants. I ordered a pkg of seeds and only managed to sprout a few, which are really puny and struggling. Does anyone have any plants to sell or give away? I really want to get some going. I keep the dried sprigs in every room to sprinkle on the floor when vaccuuming- it keeps the vaccuum smelling so fresh! Thanks JO

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy547(z8 AR)

Just came across this post while searching for more information on sweet annie. I received some from a trader & could split what I have with you, if you are still looking for some. JLMK at ksw0316pbl@netscape.net

Bookmark   December 23, 2003 at 6:35PM
pdpucci

Do you have any guidance for growing Artemisia annua
(Sweet Annie) indoors?

Bookmark   January 2, 2004 at 6:15PM
runningriot(z4 MN)

pdpucci,
I doubt that sweet annie would grow indoors, unless you have large pots and a greenhouse...my plants grew to over 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide last summer!
Seed is available at Fedco Seeds.
Susan

Bookmark   March 4, 2004 at 12:48PM
anav8r(z6 far east PA)

If I grow Sweet Annie in the garden, and let it go to seed, will it regenerate by itself the next year? It seems to grow as a weed, so wouldnt that happen?

Bookmark   July 1, 2004 at 6:56PM
JoParrott(Central Florida)

Yes, it will reseed prolifically! I had them all over my yard in Louisiana, but when I moved here to FL 2 yrs ago, I couldn't find any- had to pay big bucks for 2 plants mail order! But they are thriving in my sandy soil and heat here- Good luck with them.

Bookmark   July 1, 2004 at 7:15PM
elysaw(z7 OR)

This is my first time growing sweet annie. My plants are at less 6 ft tall and growing. When do they bloom? And does any one know when they should be picked, want to make sure they don't reseed themsselves? I have four rows, so I will probably have plenty to share. Elysa

Bookmark   July 25, 2004 at 1:00PM
JoParrott(Central Florida)

My Sweet Annie plants (2 that I ordered through the mail) are not doing well at all- they are in full sun in sandy soil- One has sprouted strange appearing branches, and they are all turning brown. The other is dyint from the top down. Can someone tell me what is wrong? I really want to get some plants established here in Florida.Anyone know of plant sources?

Bookmark   July 25, 2004 at 8:15PM
More Discussions
Looking for a home for dried flowers
Hello, My mom's passion for the last 30 years was making...
Matt7
Mystery dried plant
I am trying to find the name of the dried plant shown...
moonlightpeg
dyeing flowers
Does anyone have specific information on dyeing dried...
free_spirit
Dried Lavender - Premium Grade vs French
I am looking for the most long lasting and fragrant...
Living2
White Spots and Lines on my Catharanthus Roseus Flowers
Hi I have transplanted many catharanthus roseus flowers...
shaiqbashir
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™