bookmark with pressed flowers

livvyandbella(MA.)October 3, 2002

I would like to make bookmarks using pressed flowers. I wondered if you could tell me what type of paper would be best to use for this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kay_H(NE MI-Z5)

Our local craft store carries a variety of paper; different textures, thicknesses and colors. They sell it by the sheet. I just pick out whatever suits my fancy. Usually it is something between typing paper and greeting card paper.

I cut the paper down to the size an shape I want, glue on my flowers then take them all down to the small local newpaper office. They laminated them for me for a couple of dollars. It is a large laminating machine so we could get many bookmarks on a single sheet.

It worked really well. I also made a few refridgerator magnets the same way...just glued peices of flexable magnetic tape on the back of them.

Kay.

Bookmark   October 6, 2002 at 9:52AM
Sonshinepat(6a)

I use card stock...comes in lots of colors. Staples and other office supply stores have laminators. I put 8 to a sheet. If you have a good computer program, you can add verses to each. Write me for some fun verses.
sonshine@hvc.rr.com

Bookmark   October 11, 2002 at 5:49PM
Frugal1(6B Arkansas)

Hi,
I bought a package of bookmarks at Hobby Lobby, glued on dried flowers and sealed with clear contact paper. Most flowers were wildflowers from this area, so wrote on the bottom the name. Then punched a hole in the top and looped ribbon thru.

Kitty

Bookmark   October 29, 2002 at 9:07AM
josie_il_z5(z5IL)

Small laminating machines can be purchased in the range of $40. Pouches to put bookmarks in are usually $10 per hundred. They can be used to laminate business cards, small pictures, etc. Lots of fun to use with bookmarks with fresh flowers pressed.

Bookmark   August 11, 2005 at 12:22PM
inchworminjersey(7)

Its a lot of fun to use sheets of laminate, just lay the flowers on, cover with another sheet of laminate and then cut around the edges about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch out...punch a hole, thread a thin piece of ribbon and voila...a bookmark that sells for 3.50 in specialty shops...also you can thread raffia through the hole for a more natural look...have fun!!!!!!!! Kathy ~^~O

Bookmark   August 14, 2005 at 3:58PM
More Discussions
Can I Re-color Pressed Flower?
So I have this school project to make something using...
ElviraS
Dried Seed Pod ID
Hello! Does anyone recognize this dried pod? Many thanks!...
elenarain
How About these Gomphrena?
I have a nice full shrub of white gomphrena. I am getting...
gardninlady
Is this mold?
I cut this flower in half before pressing with the...
DSalvation
preserved tulip in a bottle
Hello, I'm new here. I want to preserved my tulip and...
Whizker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™