Script Warning?

Julia NY(6)March 19, 2012

Anyone else getting a pop-up box notifying that a Script is Unresponsive?

I have Firefox with Ad Blocker and it started happening yesterday. I keep checking the box not to notify me again but it keeps popping up.

I sent a message to GW, but wondering if it is GW or Firefox or my computer?

Julia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floota

Nope, it's not your computer. I also use Firefox with ad blocker and the same thing has been happening. Maddening!

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 11:53AM
Julia NY(6)

Thanks for answering. Hopefully they fix whatever is causing the issue. So annoying.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 12:01PM
mantis__oh

Yes, it was maddening. I thought something was wrong with my computer. I installed YesScript on Firefox and blacklisted this URL, and now everything loads at once.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 7:45PM
mantis__oh

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/yesscript/

If you add YesScript (and blacklist this site), you should get rid of those annoying messages

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 7:49PM
lisa_3(5)

I'd been having problems with Internet explorer too so I've switched to Google Chrome lately-no problems so far.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 10:46PM
Maryl zone 7a

so glad someone else brought this up. I thought it was AOL or my computer. Glad to hear it's GW but sure hope they fix it soon or are at least aware of it.....Maryl

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 11:56PM
mantis__oh

I'm afraid the problem is with Firefox and certain other browsers, in combination with the javascript on GW. Firefox recommends installing YesScript. I had no problem with Safari. Now, with YesScript, I have no problem with Firefox either.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 6:44AM
Julia NY(6)

I got a security warning when trying to install YesScript. Did you have that happen? I didn't install it as I was unsure about the security issue.

Does Chrome have Ad Blocker?

I know GW posted a notice at the top of the forum yesterday afternoon regarding the problem and they sent me an email regarding a "work around" till they fix the problem.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 8:51AM
Maryl zone 7a

Well, I hope GW fixes this because if they leave it to me it won't get fixed. I have very little clue as to how to manipulate software or even what software I have or don't have with AOL. I read what GW had to say about it, and all I can say is I hope they fix it soon because, like electricty, I just want to flick a switch and have the lights come on...... Maryl

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 1:25PM
mantis__oh

I don't recall if I got a warning with YesScript. I just know that I researched the issue on Firefox, and Firefox said that if the issue was just with certain websites, YesScript was the route to go.

I'm no techie, but here is what is said about YesScript: "JavaScript is sometimes misused by sites. They can show obtrusive ads or try to limit built in browser functions such as the back button or the right-click menu. Poorly written scripts can also hog your system's resources.

YesScript provides a JavaScript blacklist, letting you specify which sites aren't allowed to run JavaScript. A single click on the status bar icon can put the current site on the blacklist or take it off."

All I know is that after blacklisting GardenWEb on YesScript (takes a few seconds to do), Firefox works fine for this site. Of course, I could also use Safari, which had no downloading problems or messages. Pages were taking up to 10 seconds to load, and I kept getting messages about loading problems.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 3:38PM
Julia NY(6)

Thank goodness they got it fixed!

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 6:14PM
Maryl zone 7a

Yea!!!!

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 6:48PM
Julia NY(6)

It is back again. :-(.
I can't go from one screen to the next without the script warning coming up again. Is anyone else seeing it again?

Julia

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 7:52PM
floota

It appears when using Firefox but not with Chrome. You might try switching to Google Chrome at least until they get it straightened out.

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 9:06PM
mantis__oh

GardenWeb needs to do something about this. I would not advise the blacklist on YesScript because no one knows what GardenWeb will do. Last time, the YesScript blacklist worked; then GardenWeb changed things, and the blacklist prevented loading. Who knows what GardenWeb has done now!

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 9:33PM
Ed(z7aOK)

No problems using Chrome. I'll knock on wood though!
Ed

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 12:50PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

I have problems on Internet Explorer. Sometimes it just freezes up and there is nothing I can do. Yesterday during the day, I could not get on here at all because of the freezing and then last night it all worked smoothly again.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 2:00PM
More Discussions
I need help on plant choice for a narrow strip walkway 1' X 40'
I live in Southern California beach area. Currently...
anna
Fertilizing daylily seedlings
My sprouts are about 2 weeks old and getting to be...
nancykvb
in case anyone is interested
here is the link to Daylily Mecca info , in case anyone...
signet_gw
Time for desirable "D" daylilies!
Time to dig in the files for your "D"s! Lets...
sherrygirl zone5
Voles and Snow Cover
With the great weather today I did some cleanup in...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
Sponsored Products
Reed and Barton Corp Hammered Antique 4-Piece Hostess Set - 09690814
$30.00 | Hayneedle
Lenox Tuscany Classics Chardonnay Glasses - Set of 4 - 812393
$39.95 | Hayneedle
Ivory and Black Script Writing Pillow - Poly-Fiber Filled 22-Inch x 22-Inch
$25.95 | Bellacor
Multifunction Rechargeable LED Mobile Lamp With Magnet
ParrotUncle
Pink 910037 17.3 ft 5C WHITE Wire 50 LED Christmas Lights
EnvironmentalLights.com