Pressed Flowers in Handmade Paper

AliceB(z8 NM)November 11, 2002

I am looking into making my own paper, and was wondering if anyone else uses pressed flowers and/or seeds in them. I would appreciate your feedback. Are the flowers pressed differently?

I am also looking into the Microfleur flower press, and would like some opinions from those who have used it.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Diphoto(BC Canada)

Do you mean the microwave flower press. If so I have used for several years and they are very good. the only thing to look out for is not to leave the flowers in too long, just do it a minute at a time and keep checking. Sheila

Bookmark   December 10, 2002 at 8:19PM
sunhat(z6)

Diphoto, are you referring to a method for drying and/or pressing flowers using a microwave? If so, could you please give us some details or post a link with info, if you happen to know of any? Thanks

Bookmark   December 13, 2002 at 1:52PM
StephanieQ

Hi, I have just joined the group so that is why I have not responded to your questions before now.

I am using the microfleur all the time. It is very good. I am trying to use pressed flowers during the papermaking process, both in the pulp as in the laminating process. The dye keeps running out. Have you had this problem and if so, how did you try to remedy it.

Stephanie

Bookmark   February 9, 2003 at 6:47PM
gardenliz

hi,

I've been using the microfluer too, and I love it. I often crumble dried oregano flowers into my hand made paper, as well as dried strawflowers and pressed purple delphinium, with minimal color bleeding. I've found that it's just a trial and error process. Hope this helps...

Bookmark   April 5, 2003 at 10:42PM
Sonshinepat(6a)

Experiment, experiment! Some flowers will fade when added to handmade paper. Others keep their colors well. Many blues fade. Larkspur (rose and purples hold their color well.) Try deep colors. Good luck.

Bookmark   May 17, 2003 at 2:45PM
More Discussions
preserved tulip in a bottle
Hello, I'm new here. I want to preserved my tulip and...
Whizker
Preserve roses with glycerine
Hi there, I just joined this forum and I spent different...
Mattia
Preserving Fluorescent Glowing flowers (pics!)
Hello all, I am new to the forum and excited to join...
Tennysos
Mystery dried plant
I am trying to find the name of the dried plant shown...
moonlightpeg
Dried Lavender - Premium Grade vs French
I am looking for the most long lasting and fragrant...
Living2
Sponsored Products
Couristan Everest Leopard Rug Multicolor - 05585861020037T
$59.00 | Hayneedle
Silk 5-foot Potted Banana Tree
Overstock.com
'We're All Mad Here' Dictionary Print
$11.99 | zulily
Pipework and Wood Table
| Dot & Bo
Fosters Point Planter With Palm Grass
Beyond Stores
Tolomeo Shade Table Lamp with Base
Lightology
Set of 3 Porcelain Ningbo Delicate Flower Boxes
Overstock.com
Couristan Recife Garden Lattice Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug - Natural/Green - 1016/5
$49.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™