Wyldewood #1 Elderberry???

sandsquid(7a)January 5, 2008

I received a great "care package" from an Elderberry collector, in the package was one named "Wyldewood #1"

I have not been able to find any information on this named variant online, can anybody assist?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rita_from_mo

Looks like its a plant from Wyldewood winers uses for there elderberry wines & juces.

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 6:25AM
sandsquid(7a)

Well then, I did good since I am a vintner (wine maker).

I've had Wyldewoods wines and was duly impressed, but I was not aware they sold or otherwise offered their hybrids. So, how this collector got it is a mystery but I'm most grateful for having it in the ground, and pushing buds.

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 6:08AM
rita_from_mo

your friend did a really good thing for you ...I never look a gift horse in the mouth....and I never turn any thing down.I can always find a home for every thing even if its not my ownI love growing things and often I will start somthing and see that a friend has the perfict place for it and so I dig it up and transplant it ...befor they can say yes or no ...cuz I know I was right and so what if I have to come over and visit the plant ,good excuse to visit and have a cup of coffie or tea and I havent had a friend say I dont like the plant or its in the way .and only had 1 that got the lown mower treatment ..and that is becouse I told them if they wanted it to spread ...that would be the easy way to do it .LOL no I am not one of those ppl ...I just know the few friends I have very very well .

Bookmark   January 27, 2008 at 5:52PM
More Discussions
North star cherry tree size
I can't find any consistent info on this. Everyone...
shine0216
Good currant variety?
I'm looking to grow some currants but there are too...
dzr4
Do Carpathian Walnuts and Butternuts Cross Pollinate?
It's probably been asked before, however, I couldn't...
nyRockFarmer
Poncirus Trifoliata?
Anyone know anything about this plant, aka: Japanese...
trudyjean82
Asparagus setaceus root, has anyone seen it?
i think that what i have here is a big size Asparagus...
preppystud
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™