2007 GTA Central/East Tailgate Garden Swap May 21st(Victoria Day)
My email system dumped this year so I don't have anyone's email address anymore. If your up for another fun "Tailgate Garden swap", here's this years GTA East date, time and place.
1. It's a Tailgater (meaning trading out of our vehicle trunks in a pre-determined empty parking lot)
2. No sales allowed.
3. Pre-arranged trades ahead of time most welcome (via individual emails or thru postings here)
4. Any garden related living or inanimate object welcome at the trade (so not just seed packets and plants, but old tools, extra fertilizer, old garden books/magazines, compost, etc. - anything garden related actually is most welcome especially if you are new to these swaps and are just starting out but don't have alot of plants/perennials to divide up and swap/trade)
5. The ever popular 'swap circle' - which is the place we randomly place one (or 10) items in the cirlce which enables us to take one (or 10) items in exchange - this is the circle where you'll find things you never knew you wanted/needed).
6. Location (same as last spring) - Unionville (Markham) LCBO which is next to Longo's supermarket, east of Woodbine/ Hwy 7. Anyone taking Hwy 401/Hwy 404 North - get off at Hwy 7, go East to Markham, its 3 lights away!
9 am to 11 am (rain or shine)
7. Throwing up the swap date of:
Monday May 21nd - Victoria Day stat holiday (this is the same date we had for the last 3 years for this GTA east swap) The following Sunday (May 27th) has typically been used for previous years GTA west (Etobicoke) swap, so I chose the Victoria day Monday again for the central/east swap as I didn't want this swap date to land on the same day as the GTA West tailgater as some swappers want to attend both.
Pipe in here and I guess I better start the hose and spray off the last of the snow so I can put a shovel in the ground and plant up a couple hundred pots of plants.