wanted: wanted - 2-3 mil large plastic bags

luckyladyd(6)January 14, 2010

Hoping to trade seeds or plants for about ten clear, thick plastic bags to use on large pots for wintersowing. I can buy them online, but have to take a huge lot and pay expensive shipping. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kterlep(5/6)

I have a ton, they are about as thick as the bags that come over dry cleaning (maybe thicker), I don't know if they suit your needs, but I used them for WS this season and they seem to have held up so far. The bags are roomy enough to put over a shirt on a hanger (so you get an idea of their size).

Let me know if this is what you are looking for and if it is I can dig up the specs off the box.

I'm interested in the hosta and the Little Business daylily. I'm just getting into "plants you can't eat."

Also, if you haven't found them yet, you might try hotel/restaurants near you, they always seem to have the clear bags. I don't know why we (regular folks) can't get them!

Bookmark   February 7, 2010 at 11:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luckyladyd(6)

Thanks, kterlep. I'm sure your bags would work fine, but I was able to get some off ebay in a damaged box, but the bags were fine and they were cheap.

I'd be happy to send you some LB daylily seeds and some hosta seeds. Just send me your address and I'll pop them in the mail. If you email me, please include your GW name, so I remember what I am to send you. Thanks, Dottie (Luckyladyd on GW)

Bookmark   February 8, 2010 at 10:47AM
More Discussions
WANTED: looking for help
I am fairly new to gardening, and recently disabled....
kmad2010
WANTED: Ube, Purple Yam
Anyone have or know where I amy get the Ube Purple...
leroy559
WANTED: Your Aloe or Bamboo / my handyman skils
Hi ! I'm an entry level IT pro & handyman/gardener. I...
koiguy
wanted:lily and tulip bulbs
Hello. Looking for asiatic lilies and red or purple...
ericmd01
HAVE: about to go propagating crazy if interested!
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some...
stxgardener89
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™