Cuttings from Kazake or/and Salavatsky Pomegranates

norsk99March 9, 2009

Guys,

Is anybody planning to trim your known variety of Kazake or/and Salavatsky pomegranates this spring?

I would love to have cutting. Please, let me know if cuttings are available and how to get them.

I have "Russian pom" from Edible landscape, planted last spring. It grows from 1 to 6 feet. Withstand 20F (lowest we had) with absolutely no damage. About 25 ft from house along the fence. Full sun. DFW area.

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flatwoods_farm(9A Riverview, F)

Try the USDA-ARS "GRIN" site for free cuttings of all sorts of rare pomegranates as well as thousands of other plants. Paul.

Bookmark   April 5, 2009 at 6:21PM
jollyrd(Richmond VA)

norsk99 - would you please share how you planted and cared for your Russina pom from Edible? I have it on order, not sure when it will come. I am in Central VA , south of Richmond. I plan to put one tree facing East, not near any building, but it will get full sun as soon as the sun rises high enough to get over the high pines. Then it should get full sun until about 3-4 pm when the sun goes over the house. Any tips you can give would be appreciated.

Bookmark   April 7, 2009 at 5:17PM
norsk99

Hi, jollyrd

I did not do anything special. I have bad drainage ( black clay), so I build a box 2ft x 2ft x 6 inches, filled it up with cow manure out of the Home Depot and planted pomegranate on top of it. Every 2 week I fertilized it with Miracle Grow. Started with 10% of recommended concentration, slowly bringing it up to full strength. ThatÂs all I did.
Now there are about 15 flower buds. Just do not know how many of them will survive.
Good luck with your pom.

Norsk

Bookmark   April 13, 2009 at 2:24PM
norsk99

Thanks, Paul,

They do not have KazakeÂ..

Norsk

Bookmark   April 13, 2009 at 2:34PM
bonsaist(Z6/ Bethlehem, Pa)

I grow kazake and Salvatski. They spent their 2nd winter in ground in my yard with no winter damage so far. lowest temperatures went to at least -5 f.
Contact me if you're interested.
Bass

Here is a link that might be useful: trees of joy

Bookmark   April 25, 2009 at 3:43PM
norsk99

Thank you, Bonsaist

I sent you the PM.

Best regards,
Norsk

Bookmark   April 29, 2009 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
Yew
Are yew berries poisonous? I know the seed is, but...
CaptMicha
tasty aronia??
Has anyone had a tasty crop of aronia? I had bought...
lostman
Poncirus Trifoliata?
Anyone know anything about this plant, aka: Japanese...
trudyjean82
Paw Paw hybrids or not?
I've contacted a few nurseries in pursuit of PawPaw....
moontraveler
Help! My edible forest garden is getting the better of me.
Hi, all! Late winter, a year and a half ago, I converted...
HarrietMcLeod
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™