Is anyone willing to ship me loquats?

sandra_alboumApril 27, 2006

Hi there.

We don't get loquats here in Virginia and I'm dying for some. Ate them for years in Spain, and had to bring canned ones back from there last month because I can't find fresh ones on my side of the country.

I'd be willing to pay shipping and a small fee for the fruit...

Thanks!

Sandra

sandra@alboum.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carmine(9-10)

Dear Sandra,
(excuse me my english) I can send you some loquat seeds when the fruits will be ripen about in june. Loquat seeds have short viability. therefore I can send you fresh seeds.
A curiosity. Do you know that loquat can be grafted on quince or on hawthorn?
Please contact me in june
Carmine from Naples

Bookmark   May 9, 2006 at 4:00PM
marshallz10(z9-10 CA)

Sandra, I have three loquat trees, now heavy with fruit. These fruit are quick to spoil and so are rarely shipped as fresh fruit to my knowledge.

Have you already gotten offers from others willing to chance shipping fruit?

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 8:49PM
morfydd

(hijacking the thread)
Can anyone recommend a good source for loquat trees? They're barely hardy here and I also miss them. Thanks!
(/hijack)

Bookmark   May 26, 2006 at 3:01PM
alhambra

Hello everyone,

I am also looking for a canadian source for loquat trees. Any ideas? I live in Ottawa Canada.

Thanks again

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 3:11AM
thisisme(az9b)

A lot of reputable nurseries carry loquats including Willis Orchard Company and Raintree and Edible Landscaping.

I used to eat fresh loquats right off the tree as a teen when I lived in California. I purchased a small tree last year 18" and itÂs about 4Â tall now with lots of branching and no signs of any fruit. As fast as its growing I suspect that it will be over 7Â tall before years end and with any luck I hope to have some fruit summer 2009.

Bookmark   April 3, 2008 at 12:59AM
alhambra

Hello all,

I went on this web site requesting help fo getting loquat seeds and somebody was kind enough to send me some. I am very greatful as I now have many small trees growing from the seeds I received. I wanted to repay the person but a virus erased all my e-mail addresses. I realy would like to set the record straight and repay the generous and thoughtful person. I am sorry I could not do so before. If you recognize yourself please respond to that message. You have been generous and kind to me and I want to reciprocate.

Bookmark   April 24, 2009 at 9:30PM
nelson20vt

Sandra do you have any asian markets in your area? Here in toronto you can always find it at china town and Some of our bigger supermarkets at certain times of the year. As for loquat trees floraexotica & Greenbarnnursery in quebec sells them. I would personally get a grafted tree this way you will most likely get fruit and not have to wait a quarter of the time.

Bookmark   April 24, 2009 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
kiwi or grape up a pergola
Hello, we just had a pergola built, and this is my...
mingwei1
Beach Plum as Foundation Planting?
I'm going to buy a boyfriend for an existing Beach...
edlincoln
tasty aronia??
Has anyone had a tasty crop of aronia? I had bought...
lostman
Cherry Red rhubarb
Cherry Red would be good for my Maryland location near...
gwmchalmers
pakistan mulberry problems
can you tell me what is wrong with me Pakistan mulberry...
anthonyaz
Sponsored Products
Monarch Antique Bronze Ten-Light Chandelier with Silver Shade/Grey Royal Cut Cry
Bellacor
Mini Square Chrome Two-Light Bath Fixture with Royal Cut Rosaline Pink Crystal a
$300.00 | Bellacor
Leslie Side Chair
$399.00 | Horchow
Oak Park Pendant by Tech Lighting
$280.00 | Lumens
Arrival Outdoor Patio Chaise in Espresso Peridot
$1,069.00 | LexMod
Zaneen | Puskin 6 Light Chandelier
YLighting
Sample-Loft Spa Green 4x12 Polished 1/2 Piece Sample Tiles Brick
$2.99 | TileBar
Dimond D1833 Lancaster Table Lamp - D1833