WANTED: glass vases or bottles

chassidysmommy(z 6/7 OK)July 2, 2006

I'm looking for glass vases or bottles with an opening of 1 inch ( between 3/4 and 1 1/4 would be okay). They can be the cheap vases you get with roses from the grocery store. It's for a project for our children who have lost siblings support group. They will be making hummingbird feeders for our healing garden. I'm having troubles finding them locally for a reasonable price. (We have a very strict and limited budget.) I have some seeds, and some plants available, as well as a ton of other items. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I have it. My trade list is way out of date, so I can't promise I have it, but asking never hurt!

Please help us out! Thanks a million,

Melissa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clarkranch

I have about 10 vases such as this. Do you have any rooted bannana cuttings or lobelia. I am also not a picky trader. Let me know what you have, I would like to help.

Bookmark   July 30, 2006 at 2:43AM
beetleman(5 st louis)

try the local hospital and nursing homes- they keep some, but throw a lot of these away

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 8:05AM
ladylavender(4)

When I needed a large amount of bottles i went to the redemption center ( in Iowa we get paid to recycle, not sure if this is the case in your state) They sold them to me for the dime that they would get and there were lots to choose from. I run a children's garden in Belmond and would love to know how you make these feeders and any other ideas for children's projects. good luck with the project!!
mary

Bookmark   August 24, 2006 at 1:21PM
ms_minnamouse(7a)

Try thrift stores. You can get them around .50. Maybe lower. They usually have a ton and all different kinds.

Bookmark   August 25, 2006 at 6:07AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Black Ice / have apples/plums
link This post was edited by Gardening_Maestro on Tue,...
Gardening_Maestro
WANTED: looking for help
I am fairly new to gardening, and recently disabled....
kmad2010
WANTED: Cattle or pig panels for greenhouse
Live in Northern NV. Need to build a better greenhouse...
Debbie35
Scions Needed
Wanted: Anyone out there pruning their citrus trees...
leroy559
WANTED: Wanted Heat Mat with Thermostat
Need Seed germination kit or specifically a heat mat...
Shorty_CA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™