A bouquet for you...

jkom51(Z9 CA/Sunset 17)March 26, 2011

Raining the proverbial cats and dogs here, but although some of my freesias were damaged in a late frost, I picked a small bouquet before we left on a short Wine Country trip, earlier in the week.

L-R: Purple, yellow and red freesias with blue flowering brunnera 'Jack Frost' flowers, a white ranunculus and the silver foliage of a senecio:

There are more flower photos in two threads in the Gallery of this forum, posted under "March in Northern CA".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

Beautiful! What are the orange/red and gold stripey flowers please? Are they also a type of freesia?

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 3:24PM
Prettypetals_GA_7-8

I ditto ggg, beautiful!!! You really have an eye for arranging the different flowers. We are getting a good dose of the wet stuff too. Thanks for sharing, Judy

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 3:57PM
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

Mmmmmmmmm freesias, I've only made one feeble attempt at growing them, not a great success:(. Every time I see them for sale I have to bring a bouquet home.

Annette

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 4:10PM
schoolhouse_gw

Very pretty. I can't wait until I can gather posies again.

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 5:40PM
jkom51(Z9 CA/Sunset 17)

GGG, nice to see your posting and thank you. I'm sure you're really busy planting that additional lot you bought - how is it looking? Post some photos when you get a chance, I always love looking at your combinations and colors.

The vivid orange/red/yellow bloom is indeed a freesia. I have many colors planted, but the yellow is the most prolific and it hybridized with the true red to form this multi-colored freesia.

The purple and white freesias also crossed, I think I posted a photo last year, but here it is again:

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 10:38PM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

Woah! I wish I could grow a whole garden of freesia now. Lookit that psychedelic swirl of purple! I love it!!
My garden has not changed at all over the last 3 years (hence, few photos)...I am still awaiting some changes which will HOPEFULLY this year happen slowly over the course of the year (everyone please cross fingers, toes and eyes. I could use it).

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 12:23AM
memo(Zone 4B Nebraska)

Aww..GGG, we can never tire of your lovely gardens no matter if it's the same year to year or not. With all you've done on the other lot I'm sure there are wonderful changes in store!

JKom, I love your beautiful Freesias and I remember pictures Brunnera. I have wanted to add one in my garden ever since I saw it in your photots. Thanks for sharing, we had snow in Nebraska again today but my daylilies are poking through and there are buds on the lilacs. It won't be long now!

MeMo

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 5:18AM
More Discussions
Building my Irish Shed
Hi everyone, I've been admiring all the lovely garden...
camaria
Aftermidnight (and others please) question
Hi Annette, I am finding this Houzz hard to navigate...
duncandotty
Garden critters
Here are some of the local fauna who stopped by the...
loisthegardenernc7b
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Good Saturday morning, Cottagers!! A few of us having...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Hillside cottage garden
Hello! I am going to make my first ever attempt at...
rickcrum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™