Can Black Rasberries be re-grafted to another location?

Appamatix(z8 FL)May 19, 2005

Hey you'all,

My mother has this beautifull "Black Rasberry bush" growing atop an old tree-stump that we have already picked last yr and my wife made the most delicious "Jam" out of them. So I need to find out is it possible for me to dig out the roots around this stump and transplant or re-graft them over at our house.

I would like to know if this is possible and anything that I should need to know regarding how to care for them when removing and re-planting them. They are the most delicious spread on any toast early in the morning. Any "Jam" makers out there? Give me a hollar back if you know what I'm asking here...

Appamatix: z8 FL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larry_gene

Depending on how rotten the stump is, it sounds like difficult surgery to me.

One option is to allow the new, non-blooming/non-fruiting canes to arch down to the ground, and in autumn, clear the ground where the cane touches to bare dirt. The cane tip should root and next spring you will have a new plant exactly the same as the large berry clump; this will be very easy to transplant. If the canes won't reach the ground, bring dirt up to them, as in a pot.

Yes, black-cap jam is delicious; I tend to juice my berries and make jelly and other products.

Bookmark   May 20, 2005 at 6:23PM
More Discussions
Looking for American elderberry
I am from Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I am looking for...
magg_ca
loquats
This is a tree that seems to have some real potential...
lostman
Need advice for front-yard edible landscape
I am seeking advice on how to win over my neighborhood...
GrowMakeGive
Need kudzu vine
Hello, I was wondering if anyone who live near kudzu...
Placebo
Yew
Are yew berries poisonous? I know the seed is, but...
CaptMicha
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™