Spring (?) Blooms

organic_kitten(8)March 4, 2013

The weather here has been up and down like a yo-yo. One week, weeding and working in the garden, the next week, the temps drop way below average (here that is 50s), and the daylilies can't decide what to do.

Anyway, I will attempt to upload some photos from the new photobucket and we'll see how it goes.

To start with, the silly tulip tree keeps blooming and then getting bitten by frost:

Some of the daffs started blooming in late January:

And others are just now blooming:

and the yellow part of this one and its friends, will eventually be pink:

The pink tulips have been blooming for a while, but I am just beginning to see some of the others:

And, the pansies have been pretty all winter:

The bridal wreath has put on buds and been bitten at least twice...it will be much less than lovely this spring; you can see the blackened bits and the little buds (which were blackened this week:(

Well, there's some of the blooms in this silly yo-yo "winter', Julia and Jean.
kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Thank you for the tour Kay,I injoyed it very much.You have more blooming, then I do.I have nothing that resembles a flower yet, well, just one daffodil blooming.Firdt one I have seen around here in a few years.Use to haave daffs blooming every where, but they slowly disappeared over the years.

jean

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 11:42PM
squirrellypete(z7b AL)

You know, I keep hearing about Tulip trees but I don't think I've ever seen one before. Thank you for posting your pics!

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 3:57AM
Julia NY(6)

Thanks Kay. I needed some spring bulb pics :-). I have a tulip or what I call the Jane Magnolia tree (more like a bush) here. It happens here too. Starts to put on buds, begins to open and then gets zapped by a cold night. The blooms are so pretty though when you can get them to open all the way.

Love the pink tulips. I planted a lot of those last fall along with reds, yellows and I think some purple. And of course I really like those double daffs. I have a few of those too. NICE!

BTW, I'll take 50's. We have been in the 20's for the past few days with lake effect snow. :-(.

Hubby had hip surgery so not much time to read the forums lately.

Julia

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 8:38AM
dementieva(Zone 9 - Houston)

Here's what our new Jane Magnolia (planted a year ago) looked like yesterday. We have another one in the front yard that is mostly leafed out and finished with its first round of blooms now. Great little trees.

Nate

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 7:21AM
Cindy zone 6a

Lovely pictures. Nothing better than to see those daffs in the spring. I have several weeks yet before I see any bloom other than crocus. Your tulips are lovely also. Thanks for posting.

Cindy

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 7:34PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Been cold here also but your garden looks great to me. Hurray for spring bloom.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 5:45PM
More Discussions
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
finally got into this forum,and have to learn how to do it
I had to really hunt to find this forum again and couldn't...
jean zone 8 Ar.
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
NOIDS! The last alphabet post!
This has been fun! Now alot of us have to wait for...
sherrygirl zone5
What are you most looking forward to this spring?
I know just having winter and all the aggravation it...
organic_kitten
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™