OT Clematis Blooming

organic_kitten(8)March 26, 2012

Marie Louise Jensen is opening up pretty well: She is a nice consistent bloomer:

H F Young is also beginning to bloom out:

Josephine is in a lot of shade: In the tree.

Huldine is all over this tree, but just starting to bloom:

The amarylis ( Neon sp off) is almost ready to open:

Snapdragons are fully blooming now:

And spring is strutting:

You can see the silly daylilies think it is May or June. But just a few TB iris are putting up bloom spikes.

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nancy zone 6

Beautiful! I love your clematis, but that last photo is just wonderful. Is that a chinese snowball? I'm wishing I had put my Japanese maple a bit closer to mine now. Your red azaleas look so bright & pretty. The daylilies look like they could bust out with scapes any day, don't they? I haven't been outside yet this morning, but you reminded I have a couple of TB iris that looked like they would be open today.
Thanks so much for sharing your photos!

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 7:38AM
anniegolden(z7a)

Clematis are such wonderful plants. Yours are especially lovely. I planted 2 more last year, one right in front of the climbing red rose, and another right in front of a crape myrtle. We'll see how this works out. It seems to be working well for you to have them climbing into trees.

Christine

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 7:59AM
Julia NY(6)

Nice Kay!
I have Josephine and Huldine too. I love how Josephine will "unwrap" its petals over time. Stunning bloom when fully open. I like the blooms back color of Huldine as it contrasts with the white face of the bloom. If you have time, post your clematis pics over on the clematis forum too. Kinda slow over there as far as anyone showing their blooms.

Goodness, your daylilies are growing so fast. Snapdragons looks so pretty in pink :-).

Julia

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 8:49AM
organic_kitten(8)

Thank you for looking and commenting.
Ngraham, 6thais is indeed two Chinese Snowballs and two of the Japanese Maple trees. I found my first scapes yesterday...too soon, so now I need to spray for thrips. My TB iris are not going to be much due to the very warm winter.

Christine, I love Clematis too, and I have two new one to plant this week that spent the winter in the greenhouse.

Julia, Josephine was the first clematis I "lusted after". I think I have about a dozen now, and I am sure I will add others. I do love them.

kay

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 9:00AM
houstmag

Your Clematis are just stunning how I wish I had luck with them I just can't seem to do anything with them, maybe it's the Fl climate that is to much for them.
Linda

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Buying daylilies from the south
I placed an order for daylilies from a Florida seller....
KarenPA_6b
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
Let's se those perfect "P" and "Q" daylilies!
It is time for the P and Q daylily pictures! I am cuious...
sherrygirl zone5
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™