WANTED: trailing arbutus

kyletFebruary 1, 2007

looking for a source of epigaea repens, trailing arbutus

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ncrescue

Does this plant transplant ok? I had some from a rescue (road widening) but they did not make it. Have you grown it before? If so, give some tips for cultivation as I may run across it again. Thanks.

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 6:29PM
kylet

for great info on native plants try Bill Cullina's New England wildflower guide, it has lots of info including propergation. Bill lived in NC and worked at a place in Chapel Hill called Niche Gardens they should be able to help with info on keeping these plants alive in your area. I visited the garden and the people area very nice and helpfull, good luck and keep up the rescues

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 4:18PM
ncrescue

I tried only moving the plants, which Cullina really says should not be done, but the next time I run across it I will try the seeds if I can collect any. I have his book, and I refer to it all of the time for propagation. Niche is a good place but was even better when Kim owned it. I do go over there occasionally. Thanks for the comments, and if you know of any place in the NC area that is being developed, let us know. We have an organized group that will go out and try to remove plants slated for the bulldozer...if we can get permission, which is really difficult.

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
HAVE: trillium cuneatum seed
Just harvested about 100 seeds. Would like to trade...
prhart
HAVE: dodecatheon pulchellum
Have lots of very fragrant bright pink shooting stars....
pblume
WANTED: calopogon tuberosus
I would like several of these, I have lots to trade...
pblume
Wanted: Sassafras seedlings
Friend and I are seeking small sassafras seedlings...
cherokee34
HAVE: Free Loblolly Pine Tree Seedlings
Giving away 100,000 (one hundred thousand) 1-year-old,...
pinetreelover
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™