I see new growth!!

ravensfan52(6)March 19, 2013

Doing the Happy (early) Spring dance. Yesterday we had snow and sleet, today 53 degrees and melted. March is such a fickle month. A short walk around the garden after work yielded a glimpse of some of the earliest perennials beginning to wake up. I saw daylilies, bleeding hearts, sundrops, new shoots starting on roses, honeysuckle, heuchera, iris, mums, peony shoots, centaurea, phlox, geraniums, centranthus, poppies, sedum, monkshoods, and anemone. Very happy to see signs of life so early, but that puts the pressure on me to do my spring cleanup and get my fencing up around the gardens to keep inquisitive dogs out-we have 4 now so it will be an additional challenge keeping the newest dog out. I would like to move/divide some perennials this spring, and pot up some extra self-seeders for sale at our community yard sale in May. We shall see how it goes. Every spring I have grand plans and every year just end up getting the bare minimum done in time for the explosive growth in May and June.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thinman(Z5 MI)

I have growth here too! All of my snowbanks have grown higher today than they were yesterday. :) Tomorrow will not be recognizable as a spring day here, but we have hope.

TM

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 6:59PM
docmom_gw Zone 5 MI(5)

Yes, Michigan had significant snow growth today. My wintersown containers have cute white hats balanced precariously on top. Still another week or more of the cold temps. I'm so happy to share some one else's excitement over signs of spring, though. Our turn will come soon.

Martha

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 8:38PM
auntyara(5a)

It's such an exciting time of year!
We got a new thick blanket of snow yesterday and I'm sure as soon as all of it melts I will see plants too lol.
What I can see is the tree buds are swelling. Proving that the winter is almost over. I know today is actually the first day of spring but it doesn't look like it.
:) Laura

Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 2:18PM
More Discussions
Jane's work in progress
Jane emailed me a picture of the project she's still...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
reminder of spring
post your spring pics from last year This post was...
davids10 z7a nv.
An Irish Cottage Garden.
Not my own Irish Cottage Garden this time,..i have...
nulty
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Good Saturday morning, Cottagers!! A few of us having...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Backyard birding
Last fall i had posted that i was having trouble attracting...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™