eggplant flowers

krissylovesplants79August 2, 2013

How long does it take for sician eggplant flowers to start turning into fruit. I have has a lot of lovely flowers on my eggplant, since about a week and a half ago, during long islands heat wave, one looks like its producing a small white fruit but its hard to tell. I dont want to know how long the whole process takes, cause i noticed others asked the same question and people just told them how long it takes, and I dont need to know how long it takes to be picked. I would simply like to know how long it takes to go from flower to tiny fruits. I have been doing greay with my baby amathyst eggplant, but I planted these later, and I really love that larger variety. I just want to make sure it could still turn to fruit. I know the heat anf humidity cause problems with polination.

This post was edited by krissylovesplants79 on Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 17:27

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
afishlady(8b)

I'm sure by now you have eggplants :) I had something similar happen this year; lots of flowers but no fruit for a while. It may be that it took a little while for pollinators to notice the flowers. In my experience, it just takes a few days to go from pollinated flower to tiny eggplant.

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 12:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
georgeneschreiner(5a)

You can pollinate the eggplant flowers by using a small paintbrush and going from flower to flower spreading the pollen. It's a great way to hand pollinate your veggies when the bees are busy elsewhere.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 1:56PM
More Discussions
Beach Plum as Foundation Planting?
I'm going to buy a boyfriend for an existing Beach...
edlincoln
pakistan mulberry problems
can you tell me what is wrong with me Pakistan mulberry...
anthonyaz
Help! My edible forest garden is getting the better of me.
Hi, all! Late winter, a year and a half ago, I converted...
HarrietMcLeod
Paw Paw hybrids or not?
I've contacted a few nurseries in pursuit of PawPaw....
moontraveler
Cherry Red rhubarb
Cherry Red would be good for my Maryland location near...
gwmchalmers
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™