have: papaver x intermedium for sase

northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)March 16, 2009

I am offering seeds for an heirloom Double Orange hybrid Oriental Poppy for SASE. I have enough seed for only one packet. You can google the subject to read about it.

Please send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardeng8(5sw on)

You have mail! Thank you, Carol

Bookmark   December 2, 0002 at 12:07AM
gardeng8(5sw on)

gardeng8(5sw on)

greylady_gardener

Hi Northerner
did you get my e-mail that I sent this morning at about 7:30?
gg

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 12:24PM
northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)

UPDATE: Thanks for all your requests. The first was at 6:33 a.m. so they are taken. I will try to save more this summer.
Northerner.

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 9:17AM
newine_gw

This looks like a poppy that I have in my garden. I dug it out of an old garden in Port Hope...it took me two tries to get it to successfully transplant.I now have a largish patch that I have to control with the shovel, both spring and fall.It just keeps spreading outward and I have run out of neighbours who want it. It is pretty surly about being transplanted, (as most poppies are)As the patch is currently about a foot and a half square, I can undoubtedly provide some seeds as well. newine

Bookmark   March 18, 2009 at 8:46AM
northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)

Newine, I am sure it is the same. It took me several years to find out what it was. It is an heirloom, and its preferred method of propogation is by underground runners. For that reason, it does not transplant well, nor does it produce many plants from seed. My clump, which is about 2 ft X 1 foot was grown from one plant someone was discarding in her spring clean-up. She told me it would not transplant, but I took it home, put it in a pot and it survived the winter. After a few years, I was elated to see what the bloom was like. Mine has spread, but is not invasive in my Zone 5 garden. I have had it about ten years! I wintersowed some a few years ago - got about 5 plants and have a small clump forming. They don't seem to be spreading and have not yet bloomed. I do not usually like orange flowers, but I love this poppy because it wakes the garden up in the Spring and I can see them waving in the wind from my kitchen window.
Northerner.

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 5:21AM
newine_gw

It has just occurred to me that my patch is over 15 years old.It would, therefore have a pretty well established root system.Normally, if anybody wants to try it, I dig out a piece,stick it is a pot with sufficient soil to cover the roots and my husband drives it right over to its new garden home.However, this year I will try to pot up some of the outermost travellers and see if they survive. If they seem to be doing okay, I will take them to the Barrie plant swap. newine

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 8:38AM
More Discussions
WANTED: broom corn seeds
Hi , looking for broom corn seeds (sorgum ) .If you...
signet_gw
springbank 2015 plant swap
are we doing this, and who is starting it
wmc1
wanted: wanted: wanted: comfrey seeds or plants
I want to grow comfrey this summer. Does anyone have...
sallese311
WANTED: people interested in seeds for sase
Hi All , I was going to participate in the 4th Annual...
signet_gw
WANTED: updated list available
http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/marric
marricgardens
Sponsored Products
Babylon Pen Cup by LEXON
$20.00 | Lumens
Apollo Satin Platinum Three-Light Bath Fixture
$75.15 | Bellacor
Area Rug: Circle of Dots Ivory 2' 3" x 3' 3"
$41.97 | Home Depot
Radiant Hardwired Heated Towel Rail 32 x 24 Brushed or Polished