NOID Daylily--Any Ideas

avedon_gwApril 7, 2012

I was going through the Photobucket Album and doing some editing. I came across these pics and realized I have no idea what this daylily could be. I ordered it from a plant catalog (not specializing in daylilies) and it was supposed to be Destined To See---obviously, not even close. When it bloomed, I liked it very much, so I kept it and never ordered from this company again. Any ideas as to identity will be appreciated. I was thinking Peach Magnolia, but only a guess. Avedon

Well, I see these photos did not downsize, but you do get a good look at the blooms. I think these are mid-season bloomers and the bloom size is about 3/12". I plan to do better this year about listing bloom times and sizes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Julia NY(6)

Could be. Here is PEACH MAGNOLIA which I planted last spring.

Julia

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 12:37PM
avedon_gw

Thanks, Julia, they do look similar, don't they? Avedon

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 11:24AM
Edward_Kimball

Peach Magnolia is much bigger: at least 5". It is also about 30" tall in my garden.

Edward

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 11:35AM
blue23rose(6b IN)

Here are a couple of garden shots of Peach Magnolia in my garden. The color of yours looks spot on. Not sure what size yours is, but PM is at least 30" tall and 5" wide.

NOIDs can be difficult to identify, but I have had some luck with a few. Hope you do too!

Vickie

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 6:40PM
avedon_gw

Thanks, everyone, I hope I am here when this daylily blooms, so I can tell the scape height and bloom size. I have seen several pictures of Peach Magnolia on various websites, and some look exactly like mine, and others not even close. Avedon

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 7:42PM
natalie4b(7b GA)

What a gorgeous daylily! I would definitely keep it, too! Enjoy!
Don't you love certain 'mistakes"? :)

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 6:06PM
avedon_gw

You are so right, Natalie. This one will stay here, regardless of whether or not it has a name. I will think up something to call it, while still hoping to get a correct I.D. For a number of years, I had a NOID daylily which I just found out this year is Smoky Mountain Autumn. I was calling it Copper Peach, which I thought suited very well. I would be glad for any ideas for a temporary name for this one. Avedon

Bookmark   April 11, 2012 at 8:13PM
More Discussions
As I Promised, Photos...Spring's Coming
Here you go, As I said, it is just the beginning, but...
organic_kitten
Thank you Sherry
Thank you, Sherry, for starting the alphabet posts....
hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
New Grandson is now One Week old
Last Thursday afternoon, a little after 3 pm , Hunter...
daylilydayzed
Jean
I'm afraid Jean is discouraged. Hope she won't quit...
organic_kitten
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™