My edible landscape page on facebook. Please join.

martenfisher(9a)October 28, 2010

I am going to be posting plants I feel are great for garden architecture. Things that are not so common or are common and people just don't know you can eat them. If you have ideas post those and plants you feel are good for garden architecture. I want to make this fun for me and eveyone. The concept is getting rid of useless landscape plants and replacing them with alternatives you can eat.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alternative-Edible-Plants-for-the-Landscape/166241576728381

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joanne8777(9)

Three years ago I got rid of all of my water-wasteful, labor intensive landscaping when I replaced my fence. I wanted to start an edible, sustainable, organic landscape from scratch. I love this idea and will be tracking the Facebook page daily for tips and ideas.

My first project: planting a cover crop of hairy vetch to overwinter. I will till it into the very sandy soil in the spring and plant red, white, and sweet clovers mixed with field peas and soybeans. (I'm trying to improve my soil. I just had 10 yards of organic compost delivered and am working it into the top 6" of soil right now.)

Any tips or ideas are most welcomed! Peace, love and tie dye! GO GIANTS!!!!

Bookmark   October 29, 2010 at 1:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
desertrodent(7)

I liked it!

Here is a link that might be useful: How Does Our Garden Grow

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
Edible Mycorrhizae Mushrooms
I have a wacky idea. Mycorrhizae mushrooms have symbiotic...
edlincoln
Looking for Kudzu roots to grow
Hello, I am looking for someone who can send me some...
Placebo
tasty aronia??
Has anyone had a tasty crop of aronia? I had bought...
lostman
where can i buy sea buckthorn?
I found one place online but they have only females....
knifer
Stevia the sugar plant!!!!
Health and safety In 2009, FDA considered "Rebiana...
moringaplace
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™