I found a large white puff ball mushroom in my garden pumpkin patch. The outside skin of the mushroom is soft . It probably weights about a pound and a half. I want to know if it is eatable
Thank you, Kay
I used to have friends that lived in NY state that knew which mushrooms were edible. They even gave me a bag of them that they had dried. I'd be scared that I would eat the wrong one and die! I think they did eat puff balls. Not recommending it.
Good to eat, some people love it!
Make sure mushroom is nice and white inside.
Here is a link that might be useful: Puff ball