WANTED: canna 'Princess Di'

Patrick888(z8 SeaTac WA)January 27, 2005

Does anyone in the area have 'Princess Di' cannas? I really want to add this canna to my garden & am having a hard time getting it.

Last year I ordered it from Park's...the only reason I ordered from them, but also purchased a clematis and a number of seeds while I was at it. The canna rhizomes looked bad when I got them, but they were firm & they sometimes aren't all that "pretty". So I started them in nursery pots along with some other varieties I bought locally. The others thrived but true to their namesake, 'Princess Di' was dead. (sorry...bad humor)

Park's doesn't carry this cultivar this year (s'pose that is indicative of why mine were no good last year?) and quickly responded to my complaint with a credit for the cost of the cannas (no mention of the extra postage expense I lost) and a replacement on the 3 veggie seed packets that were way-short on seed count. I s'pose that's all well and good, but I still don't have any 'Princess Di' cannas.

I just realized I haven't updated my Trade lists, but will get at it soon. If anyone can spare a 'PD' rhizome, I'll check your want list and also let you know what else I have.

Many thanks,

Patrick

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hostaguy(USDA 8)

I had 2 pots full of princess Di - but old man winter took them to heaven. They were gorgeous!

I bought mine at Walmart about 3 years ago.

I'd love some too - if some could be spared. I've got many interesting hostas to share.

Bookmark   February 9, 2005 at 3:16PM
Patrick888(z8 SeaTac WA)

hostaguy...I'll keep my eyes open in the various garden centers this year...will even go to (shudder) Walmart! I plan to visit the Dallas area in early March...will be checking there as well (may be too early in the year tho).

Patrick

Bookmark   February 10, 2005 at 2:17AM
treepalm(z8WA)

Patrick,
Are you going to the garden show? If not, I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Teresa

Bookmark   February 10, 2005 at 10:44AM
treepalm(z8WA)

Sorry Patrick,
I didn't find any.
Teresa

Bookmark   February 12, 2005 at 8:54PM
Patrick888(z8 SeaTac WA)

Hurrah...I have a couple of 'PD' rhizomes enroute from San Antonio, TX! A very lovely English lady is doing some plant trading with me. I'll be launching on my first brugmansia experience too.

Patrick

Bookmark   February 20, 2005 at 11:53AM
Patrick888(z8 SeaTac WA)

hostaguy....I'm going to TX in a couple of weeks...maybe I can buy some 'Princess Di' cannas and bring back to trade for hostas. You don't have a trade list...can you tell me the names of the hostas you have?

Patrick

Bookmark   February 24, 2005 at 12:43PM
More Discussions
WANTED: starting my first garden , family needs help.
I'm a mother to 3 children whom this year are all goin...
pumpkinmommy
WANTED: Spring Plant Trade
Hey Fellow GardenWebbers! I think it has been about...
brianc2112
willow cuttings, any length
Will take as many willow cuttings as able to get to...
oliveoyl3
have: free native milkweed asclepias speciosa seeds
I am distributing free seeds of Asclepias speciosa...
mikan5080
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™