WANTED: brugmansia cuttings would love to trade

jennytayMarch 2, 2008

please and thank you for your precious time...I have a pinky peach brugmansia that I have taken cuttings from (they now have little nubbies), would love to share (I already have shared last year's cuttings) with neighbors and family last year), and would also love to have some other varieties/colours. Will pay for shipping. Do they travel well this time of year?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
origami_master(5b)

Jenny, I will advise NOT to send cutting in this weather, and perhaps wait a few more weeks. They will likely freeze en route. I've had brugs sent to me frozen soild, and other which froze and defrosted (the softwoods were mushy, and the hardwoods had their outer layer of bark loose). I have a few frosty pinks, and one charles grimaldi and adora rooting. I might be able to get cuttings come spring or summer.

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 5:55PM
mimichartrand

Hello,

My name is Michelle Chartrand from Montréal and
I have brugmansia cuttings growing roots at the moment. One has yellow flowers, one has white ones and the third one has pink. Unfortunately, I do not have the cultivar names. I would be happy to ship them to you in a few weeks for free. I can tell you that they will grow to be at least 4 feet high.
Regards,
Michelle

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 6:02PM
rose_tbay(z3Nont.)

I have some brugmansia seeds if you're interested. send me an e-mail

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 6:42PM
jennytay

Thank you origami master, mimichartrand and rose tbay for your advice and generous offers. I have never been able to grow a brugmansia from seed so I am opting for the plants...much much easier and speedy results.
Thank you all for your precious time,
Rose tbay...I believe you live in my area.
happy gardening,
Jenny

Bookmark   March 10, 2008 at 7:29PM
flowerlady70(5)

Been looking for someone into brugs. I have pinks and oranges. One white that I bought from Quebec, one of five and the other four failed to flourish. Looking for trades with someone in Ontario.

Bookmark   June 7, 2008 at 7:40PM
signet_gw

Hi Flowerlady,

I have some brug cuttings available for trade . I would be interested in orange in trade. I have a cream who's flowers sort of stand out to the side instead of just hanging down ,pink with white (called Appleblossom) and oodles of unknown colors ( I am down to about 20 from 80 though) Where are you located? Are you close enough to attend the swap in London on Saturday? Maybe we can trade there .

Email me and lets see what we can work out .
Signet

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 12:03AM
origami_master(5b)

I bought a double white brug and its thriving right now, but still only a single branch. Come fall, if you want we can swap cuttings, I know once fall rolls around and people cut their brugs down, a lot of generous people offer their cuttings here for trade or postage

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 8:06AM
More Discussions
WANTED: updated list available
http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/marric
marricgardens
WANTED: broom corn seeds
Hi , looking for broom corn seeds (sorgum ) .If you...
signet_gw
WANTED: wanted Big Zac tomato seeds please....
Hi . I'm looking for a few Big Zac tomato seeds, please...
herbeapuce
wanted: wanted: wanted: comfrey seeds or plants
I want to grow comfrey this summer. Does anyone have...
sallese311
WANTED: Who is Up for some Pepper Seed trades?
If Anybody is interested in trading some pepper seeds...
goodseedcharlie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™