HAVE: Java Ferns need new homes!

amsoniared(Z5b Ohio)February 15, 2009

Finally pulled out a bunch of the Java ferns out of our 72 gal tank. I originally bought it marked "Dwarf Saggitarius" and I always thought that's what it was,but just looked it up and identified it as Java fern. The only discrepancy in the info is that it is mentioned that it does not grow well in the substrate. I never knew any better, and it grows and reproduces quickly planted in MY tank! I sure don't want to throw them in the compost bin - they're too nice! There is snow on the ground right now, I really think I could still ship it, it's so hardy, but if you would want to wait, I could keep it in a tank till the weather gets warmer.

I have a watergarden also (the Java grows great in there, also!),I would trade for pond plants or perennials, let me know what you have-

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robin16795(6)

Wow, sounds like a great plant for my daughters aquarium. I have tons of plants but all live outside through the winter. I could trade you a clump of Yellow Flag Iris (Iris pseudacorus) but may have to wait until we get a little closer to spring. The yellow flag iris is very winter hardy. If you are interested e-mail me at robin16795@gmail.com

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 10:18PM
pj_wood(9)

I can send you a small tuber of an mixed tropical lily. I do not have them marked it could be pink, purple, white,or yellow. But more than likely a tropical for your pond. This year I am ordering more tropical and will try to keep them labelled if the koi don't dig them up. My lilys are just starting to grow and sprout up.

Bookmark   February 18, 2009 at 6:45AM
greenthumbgrow(7 - MD)

I would love to trade for some of your ferns. Please let me know if there are any left and you would like to trade for any perennials. See my trade list. If you see anything listed on the bottom list (that is currently inactive because I have a lot of stuff tied up in swaps right now) But if you see something please let me know and I can check to see if I have any left.

Tammy

Bookmark   February 18, 2009 at 10:56PM
vlron(z5 IN)

Hi, I am needing aquarium plants and I saw where you have Java Ferns.
I would be willing to trade for something or anything I have.
If you have any other aquarium plants, please let me know.
VR
vlron

Bookmark   March 14, 2009 at 8:11PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Have: Frogbit, yellow floating heart, water hyacinth
Just started a small pond and it seems like it is already...
zendog
WANTED: anything wanted
I just had a pond put in and would be sending $4 to...
jeannie75
HAVE: Momo Botan lotus tubers
A dinky small lotus, blooms 5" at most, pads less...
sdavis
WANTED: Have Native Pitcher Plants
I have many Sarracenia leucophylla, white topped pitcher...
frankielynnsie
WANTED: seeds
want to try my hand with gowning Aquatic Plant for...
bigaaron01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™