HAVE: Darlow's Enigma

geostv(Antigua, Guatemala)February 2, 2005

I have a good sized Darlow's Enigma rose from Heirloom Garden roses. It blooms all summer (and until November this year), and tolerates some shade. I had to move a large one, and this is a well-rooted plant from the clump. Its yours to pick up in SW Portland. I'm just off the Taylor's Ferry exit off I-5. Check out heirloom for a detailed description - small leaved, and quarter sized white fragrant flowers. I don't need anything in trade, just looking for a good home for this rose.

From the heirloom catalog:

A real mystery. A fantastic rose of unknown origin that has everything going for it. Purest white, semi-double blooms that open flat to show golden centers, produced in clusters that are so wonderfully fragrant with rich, sweet perfume that, when conditions are right, you can smell from 10 feet away. All this on a vigorous, upright plant with dark green, glossy foliage. Very disease-resistant. The plant without bloom is beautiful, but it is never without bloom. Louise has it in her garden in full shade which doesn't faze it at all. Add to this its extreme winter hardiness to zone 4. Visitors continue to take this one home with them. Always in bloom.

http://www.heirloomroses.com/cgi/browse.cgi?page=item&cat=17&item=171

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowerstreet(z8 OR)

I would love it! I am just down the road from you, in Multnomah village. I will send an email, Mary

Bookmark   February 2, 2005 at 11:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geostv(Antigua, Guatemala)

Its yours. Check your inbox.

Bookmark   February 3, 2005 at 12:16AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Tetrapanax Papyrifer
Hi, Looking for pups or seeds for this plant in the...
Aranya
WANTED: Akebia Quinata "Chocolate Vine"
Hi, anyone have rooted cuttings or extra Akebia Quinata's...
Brandon_the_Random
HAVE: Date correction Olympia Plant Swap 2015
The date should be September 13, 2014. See post below...
barbe_wa
WANTED: Marionberry Cutting(Redmond Microsoft)
Anyone have any extra Marionberry suckers or will allow...
Brandon_the_Random
HAVE: Red sunchoke
Hardy Red Fuseau (Jerusalem artichoke)
briergardener_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™