WANTED: Wanted: Just 1 or 2 for a new baby pond

sassybutterfly_2008(7 NorthWest GA)March 27, 2011

Good morning!

I have a new 'baby' pond made out of a used pond form I received on free cycle. Last year I started a mini 'pond' in a whiskey barrel and had some water hyacinths and one pickerel weed. Later some frogs came along and 'contributed' fairy moss which hosted a quick take-over! lol

The only thing that survived our winter is the pickerel weed. I've been researching aquatic plant companies and have a general idea of what I think I'd like and what would fit in my small pond. But I'm quite open to suggestion from any of you more experienced pond owners out there!

I know most of the items I am looking for multiply rapidly so I am only looking for 1 or 2 (or more if you have lots!) of any of the following items:

Anacharis

Miniature Water Hyacinths

Water Lettuce

Miniature Sweet Flag

Miniature Cat tails

I would love something that frogs could sit on but am not really sure if I have anything trade-worthy for water lilies and such..

I have quite a few perennials, lots of shrubs I could do cuttings from. I do have some unknown low growing yellow iris that seem to like being around the pond in the water spray.. I also have TONS of various seeds (my first love!). If I still don't have anything of interest to you then maybe you're looking for something I could even purchase locally and trade.. and of course I'd be happy to do any for postage!

Thanks for looking!

~Wendy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beth_fl(florida)

i could robably send you a little package of plants. i have some hyacinth. that is all i have that you listed. but i could also put some umbrella palm, salvinia, maybe water snowflake - that looks like miniature water lillies.. i have a few things that you may like. then maybe you could throw some seeds of something my way for return? i don't know what i am looking for, or what i want, so i'd let you decide on that..lol... i live on the gulf in florida, so i am sure you would know what would grow in this sand and heat... let me know if you are interested.
beth

Bookmark   April 2, 2011 at 10:42PM
sassybutterfly_2008(7 NorthWest GA)

Hi Beth,

I sent you an email. Thank you very much!!

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 10:01AM

Beth, My email to you bounced back as 'undeliverable'. I sent it to the email on your GW page. Would you please try emailing me on my email list on GW?

Thanks!!!

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 10:10AM
pondmaninal(7b)

Beth, I sent you an email.

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 10:20PM
beth_fl(florida)

Wendy, same email. kuchinickb@cox.net
Scott, sending you an email now.

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 11:47PM

Beth, I've tried several times to email you but it keeps bouncing back. :( If you see this I'm still very interested! Could you try emailing me?

Thanks!!
~Wendy

Bookmark   April 18, 2011 at 10:14AM
pondmaninal(7b)

Sassy, try emailing me at pondmaninal@yahoo.com and see if you get through.

Bookmark   April 18, 2011 at 9:58PM
scuba_al

I have.....
water lilies: "Joey Tomaczek" (a hardy canary yellow) and "Texas Dawn" (softer yellow much larger bloom, also a hardy lily) Check out the photo at http://www.waterplantsforponds.com/hardy-water-lilies/texas-dawn.htm
I also have bacopa and violet stemmed taro. I'll send any or all to you for postage. I don't want anything in return.
I was a newbie at this once too, and I really appreciated all the pass-along plants people gave me.

Lemmeknow,

scuba_al

Bookmark   April 24, 2011 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
HAVE: American Yellow Lotus for spring trades
I'll have several American Yellow lotus tubers. Would...
bunny56lbc
wanted aquarium plants
I am looking for small aquarium plants our local pet...
dawnkelsch13
HAVE: Peach Glow Hardy Lily
I have a Peach Glow Hardy lily. Medium to large spread,...
jan2
HAVE: Water Canna to Trade
I have Australia Blood Water Canna (red flowers) and...
pondgirl
WANTED: Looking to trade for the large Papyrus.
Hello, I have two different hardy water lilies. Gorgeous...
jaddasmeme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™