HAVE: Dahlias

chrisrobt(z8 MI,WA)February 27, 2007

It'a a bit early to get them out but I will bring some to the GE as arranged trades. If I've promised you dahlias in the past, please let me know. The problem with getting them out when it is cold it there will be no visible eyes so I can't guarantee they will grow. I will try to select good solid looking tubers.

Most of my extra stock will be going to the Hmong farmers who lost their stock in the November floods, but I still have some to trade (and will probably have more available in mid April)

Christine

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julearosa

Hi, I am intersted in some of your dahlias. I have a few cerinthe majors, lysimachia ciliata, "firecracker", a few starts of variegated st. john's wort, a ranunculus groundcover, has small yellow flowers.
I would be interested in bright and dark colors.
Thanks!
Julie

Bookmark   February 27, 2007 at 11:18PM
chrisrobt(z8 MI,WA)

Julie, I have selected six dahlia tubers for you; I'd like the cerinthe and ranunculus. Is the var St John's wort as invasive as its non variegated cousin?

Christine

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 6:18PM
julearosa

I havn't found the St. John's wort to be invasive, it will self seed but easy enough to control. Got you down for the cerinthe and ranunculus, will set aside a St. John's wort also.
Thanks!
Julie

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 8:05PM
chrismcl

I am new(as of today)to this website.I am very interested in any color of Dahlis.My husband and I are realitivly new gardeners hoping to expand our Cana's and Giant Elephants and new additions to our soon to be bit-o-tropical paradise here in victoria.Any suggestions?.For our backyard garden would like Dahlias,zinnias,clamitis,westeria ect...Have tons of marigolds-cracker jack multiple colors.Thanks Chris

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 11:45AM
purplelotus

Christine, What is ranunculus ground cover? google search shows quite a few different ones

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 7:59PM
chrisrobt(z8 MI,WA)

Chris, that message was about the the Green Elephant trade in early March; I had done some trades last Fall for Dahlias in the Spring and needed to get in touch with those I had promised dahlias.

Purplelotus, I didn't post the note about the ranunculus ground cover...

Christine

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 6:59PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Common Day Lilies for Green Elephant - worth bringing?
I just dug up a whole bunch of day lilies - the old...
pugetsoundgardener
HAVE: Red sunchoke
Hardy Red Fuseau (Jerusalem artichoke)
briergardener_gw
WANTED: Akebia Quinata "Chocolate Vine"
Hi, anyone have rooted cuttings or extra Akebia Quinata's...
Brandon_the_Random
HAVE: Spring Green Elephant Plant Swap, Sat, Mar 7, Redmond
You are invited to the Spring Green Elephant Plant...
greenelephant
WANTED: starting my first garden , family needs help.
I'm a mother to 3 children whom this year are all goin...
pumpkinmommy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™