WANTED: Wanted: Ceropegia sandersonii

barb_from_london(6a)March 1, 2008

If anyone has any seeds or cuttings or small plants of Ceropegia sandersonii I would be interested in trading something from my listings for it... it's quite an interesting plant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mdahms1979

Barb I have Ceropegia stapeliformis seeds of the green flowered variety and a rooted cutting of the regular variety. I also have Ceropegia carnosa but it is a small flowered tuberous rooted species and is not as showy as Ceropegia sandersonii. Paul Shirley Succulents carries many Ceropegias and shipping to Canada is very affordable. If you don't want to put in an order let me know and I will add it to my order when it warms up this spring.

Mike

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 11:43AM
barb_from_london(6a)

Thanks Mike, I'd be very interested in chipping in with your order...Do you have cultivation information for Ceropegia sankuruensis? If it also can get by with part shade and low humidity I might like to try it as well. Let me know when you are about to order.
You probably already have these, but I have seeds of Asclepias incarnata and A. curassavica, just finished their cold treatment, if you need any for your collection. Also A. tuberosa.
Talk to you later,
Barb

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 1:13PM
mdahms1979

Barb this page is a good one for information on Ceropegia. I also have a good book on the Asclepiadiace family so if you find any others that you can't locate information for just let me know. There are 180 species listed, about 1/3 of the total numbers of species but Ceropegia sankuruensis is not listed.

I also have a Ceropegia rupicola X aristolochioides hybrid and Ceropegia linearis ssp. debilis I could take cuttings from. I find that most of my plants do best in bright light and that too much sun will cause leaf loss especially in the more succulent leafed species. A slightly shaded southern exposure works well for my plants.

A photo I found of Ceropegia sankuruensis

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.ceropegia.minks-lang.de/ceropegia.arten.n-z/c.sankuruensis.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=6&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCeropegia%2Bsankuruensis%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4DACA_enCA243CA243%26sa%3DN

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Ceropegia Journal

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 3:34PM
barb_from_london(6a)

Mike,

Thanks for the links! I think an incipient new plant obsession is germinating for me. I would be interested in cuttings from your Ceropegia rupicola x aristolochioides and C. linearis ssp. debilis if there is anything of mine you would like to trade them for.

Barb

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 8:32PM
mdahms1979

Barb I sent you an email.

Mike

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 1:23PM
More Discussions
wanted: wanted: wanted: comfrey seeds or plants
I want to grow comfrey this summer. Does anyone have...
sallese311
newby looking for seeds..
Hi. I m new here..hi everyone I m looking for seeds....
juelzy
WANTED: Veg seeds in exchange for custom leather bracelet
I have some leather bracelets that I could trade for...
themaxineis
WANTED: looking for Tomatoes.....
I am looking for different types of tomato seeds for...
goodseedcharlie
Looking for apricot seeds like Morden 604
I live in Fredericton, NB and would like to grow some...
rickrod01
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Hand-woven Weaves Natural-colored Fine Sisal Rug (7'6 x 9'6)
Overstock.com
Moooi | Heracleum II Pendant Light
YLighting
Over the Sink Cutting Board in Lime
$39.99 | Dot & Bo
Good Housekeeping Sheer Shades: 3-inch Light Filtering
Blindsgalore
Fiesta Polished Chrome Six-Light Pendant
$990.00 | Bellacor
Driftwood Wall Hook - Green - Kiel Mead
$25.00 | HORNE
Tray Storage Base