WANTED: Garden Supplies & Plants for container garden

athirkFebruary 9, 2010

Hi all,

I have a big concrete pad in the back of my house and am hoping to fill it with some color. It is on the north side of our garage and west side of our house, but it does get some good indirect and afternoon light. If anyone has any good plants that would be good a newbie container gardener and that they'd be willing to share, I'd be really grateful! I also have some full sun areas in the front of our house that I'm hoping to do some container gardening in, and a boulder rock wall (direct morning light, filtered afternoon light) that I'm hoping to do a rock garden in.

There are also some other tools and supplies I could really use if someone has any laying around that they are not using it. The following are things I'm looking around for as I "grow" my garden/yard:

-supplies to help fertilize and/or fight diseases/pests for rhodies, azaleas, camelias, photinia and/or bamboo

-electric/handheld hedger (got clippers already)

-large pots for shrubs/trees

-bulb digger

-soil ammendments

-birdseed

-supplies to help transplanting and growing cuttings

-flagstone

Cheers,

Ashley

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bejoy2(8)

Will you be coming to the green elephant trade in March? There will be plenty of plants for you to fill as many containers as you have.

Bookmark   February 13, 2010 at 6:08PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Spring Plant Trade
Hey Fellow GardenWebbers! I think it has been about...
brianc2112
WANTED: starting my first garden , family needs help.
I'm a mother to 3 children whom this year are all goin...
pumpkinmommy
Need ideas for quick planting
A friend's daughter is graduating from high school...
brianc2112
WANTED: Tommy Toe tomatoes
I have: Henderson's Pink Ponderosa tomatoes from Baker...
briergardener_gw
WANTED..Elderberry bush cutting Please
I really would like to have a elderberry bush so if...
hannep
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™