WANTED: Newbie needs help

georgia_jack(z7 GA)April 24, 2005

I am the proud new owner of a lakeside cabin northeast of Atlanta, Georgia. My shoreline has a small dock in water that starts at about one foot deep and is about four feet deep at ten feet from the shore. In the summer, it has about half each of shade and sun. I would like some non-invasive (stay where they're put) aquatic plants that would add beauty and utility (fish hiding places)to the area. Large plant-eating carp are in residence in the 40-acre lake. Any suggestions? Would anybody care to trade plants for rooted fig plants or unrooted cuttings? Could also trade fig preserves, mint, kudzu :), pay postage, etc. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queensizeponder(z6 KY)

You could try planting water lilies or pickerel, but you need to make sure what plants are lsted on the invasive list before adding any. If you add the wrong plant, you could be fined alot of $$$.

Bookmark   April 24, 2005 at 4:18PM
Joyce Knight

I am interested in your rooted fig plant. Would you be interested in some umbrella palm? Joyce

Bookmark   April 24, 2005 at 9:45PM
georgia_jack(z7 GA)

Joyce, I'm not sure that an umbrella palm is what I'm looking for. Is that the one that can grow to seven feet tall? I especially want things that grow in water near the shore for decoration and cover for small aquatic critters. Got anything else? Or am I mistaken about what the umbrella palm is? Also, thanks Queens for the tip. I'll be careful.

Bookmark   April 26, 2005 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
HAVE: American Yellow Lotus for spring trades
I'll have several American Yellow lotus tubers. Would...
bunny56lbc
HAVE: Wanted small flowering pond/aquarium plants
Looking for something new for the pond and aquarium...
lindamarie
HAVE: Water Canna to Trade
I have Australia Blood Water Canna (red flowers) and...
pondgirl
HAVE: Have: Frogbit, yellow floating heart, water hyacinth
Just started a small pond and it seems like it is already...
zendog
WANTED: Looking to trade for the large Papyrus.
Hello, I have two different hardy water lilies. Gorgeous...
jaddasmeme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™