A Few From today

organic_kitten(8)April 28, 2012

I don't know what the problem is (our crazy weather maybe?) But I have had several blooms open that are just mushy. Look frozen or some such.

Anyway, from today:

Malaysian Marketplace:

Rowdy Red:

Bill Watson:

Texas Carnival Dance:

Dancing With JUlie:

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Julia NY(6)

Have you been spraying when it was cool weather? Perhaps it affected the blooms.

Here typically when the blooms won't open fully it has to do with temperature drops and once the warm temps stabilize through the evening hours, I notice a big difference in how they open.

Julia

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 5:32PM
sann777

Those reds are beautiful. I like Malas Market Place and Rowdy the best. Sarah

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 5:38PM
houstmag

I'm sure it might be the weather we had a few cool nights in the 50's and my blooms didn't open right either, since the evenings have warmed up again opening is much better.
Anyway it's nice to see blooms so keep posting.
Linda

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 5:41PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Hopefully it will warm up soon and those daylilies will be blooming like crazy and no more problems opening. I think it is simply too early in the year for them to be blooming. Crazy mixed up daylilies. Bill Watson is a beauty!

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 6:21PM
Nancy zone 6

They look awfully nice to be so early, I sure don't look too good when I get up early :) I was looking back at my notes, my first non-Dumortieri daylily bloom last year was May 21, another the 24, then no more til about the 28th. I have quite a few scapes, & they seem to be moving fast. We've had rain & temperatures are predicted to be in the low 80s this coming week, so I'm expecting the scapes to move along pretty well. Crazy mixed up daylilies, crazy mixed up weather!

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 8:10PM
avedon_gw

I'm guessing it's the weather that has affected the way they look. When you start getting those warmer temps, night and day, the flowers do much better and open the way they should. I like all of these, Bill Watson is an eye-catcher. Just discovered scapes on Malaysian Marketplace, this is a new plant for us, was just put into the ground a month ago. Avedon

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 8:11PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

love Malaysian marketplace.This dumb weather has got everything throwed off balance i think.
Since the weather has been so crazy ,I am looking for a very hot summer, as if last summer wasn't hot enough.

jean

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 3:43PM
More Discussions
Lori Jones Daylilies
My first experience 2 years ago with buying daylilies...
Julia NY
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
Davisson Daylilies
I'll start by saying I've had no issues with growing...
Julia NY
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™