WANTED: Chinese Lanterns

origami_master(5b)April 5, 2008

Preferably plants or runners. I know these can be very invasive, but my aunt uses a lot of stuff for her dried arrangements so I was hoping to grow some for her. I can't get the seeds to grow despite sowing inside, in situ and even wintersowing, so I'm hoping someone might have so plants they can share (or when you're digging them out of your boarder lol) Thanks everyone!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
taigen_gw

Hi...I haven't been to this forum in some time, I was just looking around tonight and saw this. I have some chinese lantern but we are still in "winter" here in the Maritimes. If you can remember in a few more weeks to message me and remind me I would be happy to send some plants/runners along if someone can tell me the best way to do so.
Taigen

Bookmark   April 5, 2008 at 7:03PM
origami_master(5b)

Hi Taigen, thanks so much, I'll email you in a few weeks. Most of the plants I've gotten were sent to me in boxes, most cost about $10 to send but it can get expensive (if I sent all plants in boxes, at $10 each, I would be spending hundreds each year!) you can use a large bubble envelope to send things like clumps of perennials, runners/stolons which haven't started to show colour (still pale from being underground), or the tougher cuttings. I think it's 1.15 for a bubble envelope, of if it's heavier, I believe it's 2.63?

Bookmark   April 5, 2008 at 7:33PM
signet_gw

Hi Origami_master

I will have lots to offer shortly . Id be glad to send you some runners .What might you have to trade? I am just down the road from you ( I am near London Ontario) so should be fairly inexpensive to put in a bubble envelope. Let me know if you are interested

Signet

Bookmark   April 5, 2008 at 10:05PM
origami_master(5b)

I don't have any plants to offer, we moved last year in the middle of winter so the ground was frozen when we left. I do have these seeds:
Moonflower vine (half a commercial package)
Canary Bird Vine (Half a commercial package)
clitoria (half a commercial package)
Jelly Palm 2
Yellow Passionfruit
Baptista
Cloudberry
Pregnant onion
Fuzzybean
Aristolchit littoralis, Dutchman's pipe vine

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 8:18AM
taigen_gw

Okay origami_master...sounds good to me, I'll wait for your email...and spring!! haha (we got snow on Friday night again!)

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 9:37AM
origami_master(5b)

Taigen I know how you feel, I have friends who live in NB and she said one year her last frost was in late June, and she only had a few weeks of growing. You can always move here if you'd like! lol

Bookmark   April 6, 2008 at 9:49AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Seeds - Not Often Offered Here Anymore!
Due to changes at GW I would like to offer my seed...
sharont
WANTED: people interested in seeds for sase
Hi All , I was going to participate in the 4th Annual...
signet_gw
springbank 2015 plant swap
are we doing this, and who is starting it
wmc1
WANTED: are we- springbank 4
another one full and 2 days away hopefully the rain...
navygirl01
newby looking for seeds..
Hi. I m new here..hi everyone I m looking for seeds....
juelzy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™