HAVE: Too much bamboo. Several kinds.

eric_in_west_seattle(8 Seattle)April 5, 2009

Hi:

I am in West Seattle. I have several kinds of bamboo available for digging (by you). First available batch is outside my back fence along alley. I think it's Phyllostachys bambusoides. The culms are green. The nodes have a whitish ring. Neighbors are complaining as it leaned out into the alley and rubbed against their SUVs as they drove by. I cut it down to about 3 feet tall, but it is due to shoot soon, so you will have a fresh crop. Because it is cut you will not need a pickup truck. I also have uncut clumps of this. I have a lot of this kind.

You must have a strong back and good tools. If you have never dug bamboo before you may not want to undertake this. I do not want to have to call your next of kin. Please let me know if you are an experienced bamboo digger. Good idea to bring a friend or helper who also has tools and a strong back.

I may also have some Phyllostachys aureosulcata (Yellow Groove Bamboo).

Both of these are running bamboos, very beautiful! Perfect for a privacy screen.

Please let me know when you would like to come dig, and how much you are planning to take away.

There's nothing I need in exchange (garden is way full and overgrown), but feel free to off anything interesting you may have.

More Discussions
HAVE: Red sunchoke
Hardy Red Fuseau (Jerusalem artichoke)
briergardener_gw
WANTED: Milkweed
I live in Eugene OR. Does anyone have a suggestion...
rainydaywoman_z8
willow cuttings, any length
Will take as many willow cuttings as able to get to...
oliveoyl3
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
WANTED: Marionberry Cutting(Redmond Microsoft)
Anyone have any extra Marionberry suckers or will allow...
Brandon_the_Random
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™