WANTED: invasive bamboo.

oregonboy(Yamhill Co. Oregon)April 6, 2012

Looking to trade for invasive (running) bamboo plants. (I have a few acres for it to run) Any variety/species would be great as long as it's hardy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bejoy2(8)

If you can come to the Olympia Trade on April 14th, I think we can get you some running bamboo. I'll tell my Mom you're looking for some. She has plenty, she just needs to dig it, and those culms are tough!
Tammy

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 2:42PM
oregonboy(Yamhill Co. Oregon)

Thanks bejoy2, that's really good of you. Unfortunately Olympia is just too far...3 hours each way would definitely make a (gas money) dent in my wallet. I hope the trade goes well, sounds like fun!

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 6:36PM
bejoy2(8)

Actually, I thought of this after I closed - there is one closer to you (guessing from your moniker that you live in Orgeon). On April 28, there is a trade in Kelso. My Mom and I are attending, so we can bring you the bamboo.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 11:27PM
oregonboy(Yamhill Co. Oregon)

Man, I just keep striking out. My friends are getting married the afternoon of the 28th and I'm going to the wedding. :sigh: Maybe I'll have better luck another month.

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 3:30AM
bejoy2(8)

Well, we generally make a full day of it down there, going to the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens afterward, so we'll be down there a while. From there, it's only about 20 miles to the border, so maybe we can swoop down and meet you somewhere after the wedding, or we can go down earlier and meet you before the wedding. Send me an e-mail at tammyinolympia@yahoo.com if that sounds agreeable, and we can make arrangements.

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 1:29PM
cawicker(8b)

We're in Hillsboro. We have golden, black, nuda, vivax, shiroshima (variegated white/green), sasa palmato, and a bunch of other stuff. We just built a 4000 gallon pond and need aquatics and marginal plants. And other cool plants if you've got them. Or even yard work in return, if you're interested ;-P.

Carol

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 12:53AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Milkweed Seeds
Hoping to attract butterflies. Would like the native...
Rashley2
2nd annual 'Shovel Prune' plant swap
Just wanted remind people to start thinking about,...
duane456
HAVE: No trade needed: Cutting bamboo, canna, musa basjoo pup
Eugene: Cutting bamboo, very tall, medium diameter Cannas;...
rainydaywoman_z8
WANTED: Info on Passionflower in Seattle
Hi guys, do any of you have experience growing passionflowers...
Brandon_the_Random
WANTED: Spring Plant Trade
Hey Fellow GardenWebbers! I think it has been about...
brianc2112
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™