WANTED: Ideas!!!

BoggsR22(z6 Tn)May 23, 2006

Hello... I got my barrell filled yesterday, It looks good. I bought a water lilly off a lady that said she needed rid of them, but as I was reading some of the posts last night, they said i needed minature water lillies! And also, should i plant some cattails, palm corkscrew rush and things like that all in the same container for the barrell? I'm new to this and trying to figure things out.

If anyone has any duck weed (small floaters like that), or a water hyacinth (spelling). I will be having some daylillies, and I do have a couple of yard iris. Thanks Gina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
matherfish(6TN)

Hi Gina. You do need a miniature or a small lily for your barrell. although a medium sized plant will grow in it. The leaves would then hang over the sides and dry out. I have several barrells with lilies of all sizes, and that is what happens when the plants get too big. With one lily you can trim the leaves back, however.
If you put duckweed, azolla, water fern, etc. into your barrell it will cover the surface and may not give the look you want. I have all three, but they cannot be shipped to all states. They can be shipped to TN, however, I live there also.
I will send you some barrel pics on private email for you to see if you want to add marginals (cattails, rush, etc) to your barrell.
Happy ponding!

Bookmark   May 23, 2006 at 12:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BoggsR22(z6 Tn)

Please do send me pics.... twnkletoes101@aol.com. Any help would be wonderful. I bought water palm last year, but I can't seem to get it to "come back out". Me and my plants... LOL Thanks Bunches:) Gina

Bookmark   May 23, 2006 at 10:19PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Dark Prince waterlily
Seeking dark Blue/purple water lily and colorful tropicals....
greengirl2009
Looking for these Aquarium Plants
I'm looking for Java Moss, Aponogeton, Dwarf Hairgrass,...
debbie_ms
WANTED: Lotus Flower or Seeds.....
I am looking for a lotus flower or seeds... I am new...
PeaceLilySam
Wanted: floating water plants and a lily
I am a newbie. I have a container in which I want to...
bluehaven_gweb
WANTED: Wanted large rooted edible lotus
I have been growing (and eating) a very small rooted...
grandmotherbear
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™