WANTED: Will anybody be at Issaquah trade after 2 p.m.?

akebia(8a Western WA)April 8, 2007

I'm leading a bicycle ride and will get to the Issaquah trade at about 2 p.m.

***Will anybody else still be there?***

I have a lot of stuff to trade and/or give away. Better than Ajuga, too, I promise. ;-)

In addition to my trade list, which please see, I've got:

-Good-size Skimmia japonica--perhaps the healthiest specimen in the PNW, no spider mites ;-)

-Potato, All Blue--seed potatoes

-Allium cernuum--nodding onion

-Black pussy willow (special trade)

-Red-twig dogwood

-Acanthus mollis (bear's breeches)

-Armeria maritima (sea thrift)

-Hebe 'Carl Teschner'

-Phormium tenax (NZ flax)--a really nice variety with a lot of pink in it but not too tender

-Fennel

-Clerodendron trichotomum whips (harlequin glorybower tree)

-Sequoia giganteum (about 6", not looking too happy, but it'll snap to once it's in the ground; I'm pretty sure it's giganteum but can key it out to be sure it's not coast redwood)

-Yucca recurvifolia

-Geranium x oxonianum 'Katherine Adele' (I'm pretty sure that's what this is--foliage looks like it, but it hasn't flowered yet)

OTHER STUFF

-Tons of vegetable and flower seeds, many for 2007; some obscure ones (Kew Gardens) are from previous years

-New, uncracked, virginal copy of ***The Northwest Gardeners' Resource Directory,*** by Stephanie Feeney, edited by Debra Prinzing (It was a gift, and I already have one.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Akebia's Trade List

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albabela(8 WA (US))

I am planning to bring back some seeds from Australia inc. Callistemon (these are ok to bring - not sneaking them out!). Would you be interested? I have grown C.citrinus before and it needed a little coddling - not too much.

Please check my list to see if I can offer you something else in exchange for the Hebe, Clerodendron and the Skimmia (M or F?).
And yes, I will abandon my family for a few more hours at Teresa's. :)

-Shilpa

Bookmark   April 8, 2007 at 7:19PM
flowerfan2(z8/ WA)

I think it all depends on the weather. If it is a beautiful sunny day then there should still be a lot of people there at 2. If it is cold and rainy then I think people will leave early. You certainly have a lot of wonderful plants. If you decide to come I would love one of your hebe 'Carl Teschner'. I have some nice anemone nemorosa 'Vestal', false lily of the valley, small starts of our native trillium and other stuff on my trade list. I hope to see you there. Karen

Bookmark   April 8, 2007 at 7:21PM
sokkappa(z7 Sequim, WA)

Akebia, I wonder if you got the email I sent to you about the Phormium. I am interested in it. Please see my list in My Page.

Balraj

Bookmark   April 9, 2007 at 5:16PM
jburesh1388(z8 WA)

I'd love some blue potatoes, red twig dogwood, skimma japonica, acanthus mollis, and a sea thrift. I'll definitely have chamomile seedlings, dahlia and probably rare and unusual calla lily types by then. Possibly a few of 80 ferns, hosta, and moss as well.

Where do you live? If near me I would be up for helping you in your yard in exchange for plants as well.

Let me know!

Thanks,

jacqueline

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 5:48PM
More Discussions
WANTED: starting my first garden , family needs help.
I'm a mother to 3 children whom this year are all goin...
pumpkinmommy
WANTED: Indoor growing
Is there any eye protection needed when growing under...
BobSchmokel
WANTED: Iron Cross oxalis bulbs
Does anyone have the ones with the purple cross and...
barbe_wa
WANTED: comfrey at fall green elephant
Anyone have comfrey that needs dividing? i'd love some...
jburesh1388
WANTED: live shitake mushroom log at the Green Elephant
I'm looking to try growing shitake mushrooms. If you...
greenelephant
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™