HAVE: Thank you!

barbe_waApril 16, 2011

Thank you, Tammy and Marie, for hosting another great trade. As always, the plants were great, the food outstanding and the people friendly.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bejoy2(8)

So glad to see you and Don. Now, resist the urge to do too much, too fast. It will all be there waiting for you tomorrow, or next week.

I got the ferns bareroot, so they should establish pretty quickly. If the shade garden is still wet, I think it will be fine for the cinnamon and maidenhair ferns. Check the cultural requirements to be sure, but I think the cinnamon fern is quite happy in wet soil. The maidenhair fern likes cliffs along waterfalls, so it's not averse to moisture, either. Let me know how they do for you.

At the September trade, I'll have more hosta. No named ones, but we love them all the same, named or not.

I will try to get the day off for your trade, Earlier would probably be better than later, after thinking about it. It's been such a slow start this season, I really don't think he'll mind. Once business picks up, though, it'll be gangbusters. All I can do is ask, right?

Tammy

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 7:38PM
dawiff(z7 WA)

I second the thank-you! What a great time! I always seem to come home with more than I brought. I'm so glad people took my tomatoes and peppers, I would have brought more if I'd known they would be so popular. And I got rid of some old books, so now I can buy new ones! Hehe

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 7:59PM
treepalm(z8WA)

Thanks Tammy and Marie,
I had a really nice time and came home with some plants that I will enjoy for years to come. I even got most of them planted when I got home.
Teresa

Bookmark   April 17, 2011 at 12:17AM
oliveoyl3

Terrific people, plants & weather. Thanks to everyone who came & traded. Especially pleased to receive plants on my want list & other hardy plants for part sun. Thanks for the plants to give our daughter especially the blooming Lithodora (dawiff), red huckleberry (treepalm), campanula (bejoy), herbs (barbwa), carex (drtgr), and sprouted potatoes (Marcia).

I took home that mystery gal. pot with the wilted stems & leaves. It was near bejoy's plants. Anyone know what that was?

Thanks for making it worth the drive from Auburn.

Bookmark   April 17, 2011 at 10:29AM
merrygardener(z8olywa)

Corrine-
It may have been one of mine! It was "money plant." (aka "Honesty" or, by folks who know, Luanria annua) I thought someone with children might want it- the seed pods look like giant coins and they are fun to have in the garden. It was dug yesterday morning and went from happy in a mostly shade home to sitting in the sun- it sure didn't look happy!

Thanks to everyone for a great exchange!

Bookmark   April 17, 2011 at 8:23PM
oliveoyl3

merrygardener,
TY for identifying it. Our son has been interested in that plant for years since he's a big saver.
Corrine

Bookmark   April 18, 2011 at 4:18PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Spring Plant Trade
Hey Fellow GardenWebbers! I think it has been about...
brianc2112
HAVE: Olympia Fall Plant Swap
The date for this year's Fall Swap is Sept 21. I'm...
bejoy2
WANTED: Akebia Quinata "Chocolate Vine"
Hi, anyone have rooted cuttings or extra Akebia Quinata's...
brandon_the_random
WANTED..Elderberry bush cutting Please
I really would like to have a elderberry bush so if...
hannep
need apple,avacodo,pawpaw and pear scions
will pay postage, website www.pawpawtrees.blogspot.com...
johnnieblevins
Sponsored Products
Freeman Game Chair
$499.00 | FRONTGATE
Peyton Brown Glass Satin Nickel Tech Lighting Mini Pendant
Euro Style Lighting
David Bromstad "Dairy Kween" Artwork
Grandin Road
Runner: John Beige 3' x 12'
Home Depot
6' Treated Pine Trestle Garden Bench
Fifthroom.com