Newbie - Question about trades

juudyshouse2012April 5, 2007

I'm planning on attending the Issaquah Trade on April 28 and it will be my first time. I don't think I will have too much to trade because my garden is only a couple years old.

First, how do you all transport your many, many plants to the trade? Do you actually have pots and containers to bring them in? What are some suggestions regarding tranporting plants to the trade if you don't have a bunch of containers around?

Also, do you primarily bring the items that you have pre-arranged for trade and not the other items on your list? Or, do you bring it all and see what other people bring and then just trade plants on the day of the trade?

I know a few of you have already emailed me and let me know that there will be freebies available, and I am grateful for that! :) But, I do have a few thing that I can bring and just want to be knowledgeable of the way things are done. :):)

Thanks,

Judy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grrrnthumb(z8 WA)

Hi Judy,
I have lots of leftover pots I use, but you can also use liquor store boxes & plastic grocery sacks for medium sized plants. The boxes stand up a little better & spill less when they're being transported home. For small plants & starts I also get plastic cups in bulk at the restraunt supply places. They have up to a 32 oz size that is giant for a cup and real cheap.
I believe at Teresa's trade most folks will be doing a little more pre-arranged trades than at Green Elephant, but I know I'll try to bring lots of extra's to trade or give away also. Nobody brings everything on your list, but dig as much as you can. I find the more stuff I give away the more it seems to come back to me (with dividends!) in the long run. :^)
- Tom

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 8:29PM
More Discussions
Nandina domestic wanted - will move
Need mature Nandina domestic for new public right of...
Garland Design
HAVE: Drawf Snapdragon Seeds
Drawf Snapdragon seeds collected from last years flower...
GeekyGarderningGirl
need apple,avacodo,pawpaw and pear scions
will pay postage, website www.pawpawtrees.blogspot.com...
johnnieblevins
willow cuttings, any length
Will take as many willow cuttings as able to get to...
oliveoyl3
HAVE: No trade needed: Cutting bamboo, canna, musa basjoo pup
Eugene: Cutting bamboo, very tall, medium diameter Cannas;...
rainydaywoman_z8
Sponsored Products
Marina 4 in 1 Aquarium Scraper - 11019
$22.99 | Hayneedle
Marina Easy Clean Water Changer 25 ft. Hose - 11040
$84.99 | Hayneedle
Marina 100 Air Pump - 11114
$28.99 | Hayneedle
Marina 200 Air Pump - 11116
$34.99 | Hayneedle
Marina Economy Algae Scrubber - 11017
$19.99 | Hayneedle