WANTED: Longview/Kelso plant swap

barbe_waApril 25, 2010

I've been promising to host a spring plant trade so I've decided on Saturday, May 15th, unless someone has strong objections. As we did for the fall swap last year, we'll have grilled hot dogs, brats and homemade sauerkraut so those of you who have to drive quite a distance won't have to be concerned about getting home for dinner. LOL. I hope we have a lot of people from up north (Olympia, Seattle?) as well as down south (Portland). I'm trying to develop local interest and it would be great if the locals could see what nice, fun people we all are.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nightnurse1968

Marking my calendar and hoping to be there with bells on. Gotta start digging again though! :-) Thanks for setting us up with another trade! How'd I miss the fall swap?

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 1:43AM
clc70(8 Wa.)

I would be interested. I live about 30 min. north up the freeway. I missed the one in Olympia last weekend. I can bring some of my winter sown babies. I can also bring some wild things; yellow stream violets, wild bleeding heart, wild iris.

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 10:57PM
barbe_wa

I'll post directions and a list of what I have to trade later. I'm still trying to get outside to dig and divide - rain, rain, rain! I do have quite a few wintersown babies, too.

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 2:11PM
dawiff(z7 WA)

Barb, I'm interested, but I can't find anything on here about what time it will run. I also might not have much to swap either, but socializing with other gardeners is always fun! I have a feeling it will probably take me about two hours to drive, so I'm hoping it won't start too early.

Bookmark   May 10, 2010 at 10:32PM
barbe_wa

The swap will start at 10 AM, but don't worry about being too late. We always have plenty to trade so we're not going to run out. LOL. We are going to grill some hot dogs and brats and there will be plenty of our homemade sauerkraut so those of you who are driving a distance won't suffer from hunger on your way home. We're looking forward to seeing everybody, and I'm going to be digging, potting and dividing all week. What fun!

Bookmark   May 10, 2010 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Akebia Quinata "Chocolate Vine"
Hi, anyone have rooted cuttings or extra Akebia Quinata's...
Brandon_the_Random
Need ideas for quick planting
A friend's daughter is graduating from high school...
brianc2112
HAVE: Red sunchoke
Hardy Red Fuseau (Jerusalem artichoke)
briergardener_gw
HAVE: Olympia Fall Plant Swap
The date for this year's Fall Swap is Sept 21. I'm...
bejoy2
WANTED: live shitake mushroom log at the Green Elephant
I'm looking to try growing shitake mushrooms. If you...
greenelephant
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™